Odd Tuning question - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Odd Tuning question
Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:09 PM
With HPtuners, is there a way to have a conservative tune, but have it become a lot more aggessive in boost.

What I mean is: I would like to have a car that is drivable with good gas mileage out of boost, so I can drive it easily to and from work, but has some nice power when I slam the gas pedal to the floor? Is this doable?

I want to say yes because I can tune things per manifold pressure unit, correct?

Re: Odd Tuning question
Thursday, September 28, 2006 3:56 AM
This is not an HPTuners question, as much as a general tuning question. There's no reason you can't have a tune that's mild under cruise. Spend as much time tuning cruise as possible. Tune for minimum throttle opening, fuel corrections as close to zero as you can get. Typically this can be done by increasing spark advance under light throttle. I haven't heard anyone talking about acceleration enrichment, but that's a good area where a fair amount of fuel savings can be obtained, at least with a driver who likes to try full throttle often. With larger injectors, AE is often greater than it needs to be. Look at your PE enable parameters and decide whether your willing to sacrifice a little response by delaying PE around town.

The greatest savings are found in learning to drive with just enough throttle to keep the vehicle moving, and with minimum amount of throttle changes.

Before making large changes, I'd sit and think about the conditions you typically experience during cruise and around town when not in boost, then look at what GM did in the original calibrations during the same conditions. They've got a fairly good idea how to tune to meet EPA standards for mileage and emissions. It can be tought to beat 'em on OBDII vehicles.

-->Slow
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search