changing some things and making power. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
changing some things and making power.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:08 PM
Ok I was thinkin I could get the cav possibly into the mid 15's with the following, Exhaust high flow cat header intake 56mmTB UDP mounts torque converter and auto trans interceptor. Could a get a better benefit out of tuning with all this? Also 1 thing I hate about my car is that when accelerating it will lock up the converter before it hits 4th gear. Is there anyway to make it to where it will lock up once it's in 4th instead of third?

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: changing some things and making power.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 5:19 PM
The01Cav wrote:Ok I was thinkin I could get the cav possibly into the mid 15's with the following, Exhaust high flow cat header intake 56mmTB UDP mounts torque converter and auto trans interceptor. Could a get a better benefit out of tuning with all this? Also 1 thing I hate about my car is that when accelerating it will lock up the converter before it hits 4th gear. Is there anyway to make it to where it will lock up once it's in 4th instead of third?

What exactly do you mean lock up the converter?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 8:03 PM
the 500 RPM drop it's called converter lock up.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, October 15, 2006 9:03 AM
I guess ne help here on this? Thanks though I think i'm gonna put some money away and in the winter I'm gonna start lookin for my 02-05 Eco 5spd cav base model. I will take a ls sport if found or even possibly a 00-02 z24.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, October 15, 2006 2:22 PM
The01Cav wrote:the 500 RPM drop it's called converter lock up.

something does not sound right. It can't do that until it is in 4 gear, that is what 4 gear is really.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 15, 2006 5:04 PM
Than it's got something weird because it drops 500RPM then another 1000 or so.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, October 16, 2006 9:30 AM
no converter lockup is not another gear change, rather its the rotor/stator being linked together by a rod down the center of the rotors, making them rotate together at the same rpm. Basically turns the torque converter into a hard drive shaft from the motor to the gears in the trans.
Monday, October 16, 2006 9:53 PM
I just wanted to change that since it seems to engage in third gear instead of 4th like it should.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search