HPTuner - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPTuner
Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:49 PM
Ok this may have been covered but i really cannot stand the search on here im not a patient person. Ok everything i read says that the tuner works on 97+ plus cars. I have a 96 but its OBDII why cant i use it? or can i?

Re: HPTuner
Monday, October 23, 2006 7:29 AM
Because you didn't search but you feel obliged to waste everyone else time due to your lethargy,

So until next time...

n00b

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 23, 2006 7:30 AM

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:08 AM
why yes and am a noob but having dial up and trying to look through all of those freaking pages is kinda time consuming, expecially when its the house phone line. so sorry to have wasted your o so precious time.

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:08 AM
'96 was the 1st year for OBD2, and the coding is different than the years after. HPtuners didn't take the time to work through that 1 year ecu, so it's not supported. You could swap to a '97+ ecu and be supported.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Monday, October 23, 2006 1:27 PM
I must say some of you guys are some pompous, arrogant a##'s. The guy just wanted some help so he goes to a site dedicated to his particular vehicle type, and what do you do? You have to show him that some poeple BLACK ECO are not as dedicated as the site they are part of. Hey black eco how did you ever learn so much? I guess you never had to ask a question huh.
Monday, October 23, 2006 2:17 PM
HOw hard is it to switch your computer from a 96 to a 97. What else would need to be changed? Would a 96 car with a 97 comp still passs emmissions or would they frown on it?
Monday, October 23, 2006 9:27 PM
Actually I used the ,, HOLD YOUR BREATH <SEARCH FUNCTION> while on dial-up, I ended up learning a lot more than just the single answer to my question that way, I also didn't waste everyone elses time and fill up the board with 8 million posts asking the exact same question. Ive asked lots of questions, and before I ask I usually spend a little of my time before I waste a lot of everyone elses. If you do not have the initiative to learn on your own, then you aren't going to learn beyond what people spoon feed you, and your not going to become an critical and productive member of the association.

So until next time,,,

If someone comes on and asks a simple question, Im not going to be an ass, if they come on and ask a question and say tell me the answer its not worth my time to look it up, Im going to be an "pompous @ss".

Sean Cahill wrote:I must say some of you guys are some pompous, arrogant a##'s. The guy just wanted some help so he goes to a site dedicated to his particular vehicle type, and what do you do? You have to show him that some poeple BLACK ECO are not as dedicated as the site they are part of. Hey black eco how did you ever learn so much? I guess you never had to ask a question huh.

Monday, October 23, 2006 9:48 PM
Maybe you need a cookie today BlackEco. I dont know you but maybe a sugar cookie wioll make you feel nicer in the morning.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:30 PM
alright. i have a couple things to say. thanks to those who helped, including blackeco. even though at the time it came across as rude, i get what you are saying now and i appreciate you wanting me to learn on my own instead of relying on everyone else's knowledge. since this thread is open can i repeat the question jonny posted, that being, how hard is it to swap? like what all am i going to need off of a '97?

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 1:32 PM
I believe as long as its OBD2 then you should be fine with just the computer swap and that should be all you need but dont quote me as I have never tried this myself.

'99 2.2 OHV w/3spd auto (work in progress)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2322134
Tuesday, November 14, 2006 10:46 AM
I need to know this also I was just at a gm dealership they told me the part # for all ecus 96-02 are the same woulda 97 vin # be all that u'd need?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:31 AM
GreenFireGt wrote:I need to know this also I was just at a gm dealership they told me the part # for all ecus 96-02 are the same woulda 97 vin # be all that u'd need?

They are incorrect, there are 3 part numbers, 96, 97-99, and 00-02.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:48 PM
do u know the part # for 97
Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:35 AM
nevermind 16228016
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search