putting 2000 pcm/bcm in my 99 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
putting 2000 pcm/bcm in my 99
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:29 PM
OK I have searched everywhere on here for some info on my specific project here. I found many post close but not what im looking for.
Here it goes,
I have a 99 z24 5sp that I am going to put the gm supercharger kit on. I am going to get a 2000 pcm/bcm and have that reflashed.
I have no problem with install or getting the parts from a junkyard here. I understand I need the 2000 pcm, bcm, guage cluster, and engine wiring harnesses.
What I am looking for is someone who has done a computer swap on the 99. I want to know all the wiring harnesses I will need. Also does that guage cluster fit in the 99 dash/ will i need the guage harness wiring too?

Please if you have a link or anything anyone who has done this exact setup let me know.

Not looking for the 99 guys who used fmu/fpr's, hptuners, standalones, halfass check engine/dash lights on, or anything other than a properly running reflash.

Re: putting 2000 pcm/bcm in my 99
Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:05 PM
i have it done on mine... its a lot of work. if your good at wiring and reading diagrams then you will be fine. but that being said your money and time will best be spent on HPTuners.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:39 PM
hey thanks wrench monkey. Well I can pick up the 2000 stuff at a yard here for around $100. Im a heavy equipment mechanic and electrical schematics are very familiar so thats no problem either. I did think of hp but I dont have much knowelge on tuning.
Anyway can i contact you through email? I think mine is on my profile.
If you dont mind I want to get a list of what parts/harnesses you had to get from the 2000. I want to make sure my airbags, guages and all that stuff will work.
dave d
Saturday, November 04, 2006 1:13 PM
I did it to my 99 'vert, which I ended up selling to someone else (also on here), who installed the GM s/c on it... works mint.

I swapped everything from a 2000... all the wiring in the entire car... engine harness, front light harness, dash harness, body harness. Only thing I didn't have to change was the fuel tank, pump and wiring for that and the rear ABS wheel sensors.

00 cluster is larger, so I had to swap the dash assembly as well. The 99 cluster won't work with the 00 wiring, and the 00 cluster doesn't fit in the 99 dash without cutting a lot out of it.

The airbag module is different, but the airbags and sensors will still work with the newer module. The 2000 module ONLY works in 2000 cars, because of a stupid little clear plastic clip inside the connector. If you pry it out, you can use 01 or 02 modules. I don't know about 03+ modules tho.

The ABS/brake module changes too. There's a separate ABS module inside the passenger compartment on the 99, it's part of the module on 2000 cars. You need to swap that, and either re-bend or replace the brake lines to the module.

The first O2 sensor (on the exhaust manifold) is one wire on 99, two wires on 00. You need to change that too.

Basically... strip the car to the frame... and swap everything over.

Monday, November 06, 2006 8:54 PM
thanks john, that clears up the big concerns i had with doing this. I figured that cluster wouldnt fit and I would need more than the engine wiring.
i just cant figure out why gm would not offer to reprogram the 99s or they would had my business a long time ago.
Looks like Im back to square 1 and might go with the hp after all. I just need to figure out faking the 2bar map and get place here in phoenix az who can do some tuning!
Monday, November 06, 2006 10:09 PM
im sure someone in phoenix has experience with HPT... id say go to the regional for that area and find someone..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search