Open loop mode? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Open loop mode?
Monday, October 23, 2006 7:20 PM
Does anybody know under what conditions the ECU goes into open-loop mode and starts dumping extra fuel?
I know it does this before it warms up, but most cars also go open-loop under high load and/or high rpm.

So what exactly triggers open-loop mode after the car is warm? High intake airflow? High rpm?

Thanks.

Re: Open loop mode?
Monday, October 23, 2006 7:51 PM
TPS, RPM, and a timer.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, October 23, 2006 8:07 PM
Any idea at what rpm and throttle position it occurs.

Thanks alot btw.

"I have a white car but my freind has a black car, and his car is faster than my car.
Does that mean Black cars are always faster than white cars?
But my dog is white and it beat a black dog in a race, so does that
mean that everything for dogs is opposite than for cars...........
p.s. where do you check the oil on a dog?.....i am so confused" - Nash
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:21 AM
with hptuners you can change all of it... if different for each engine...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Monday, October 30, 2006 8:59 PM
Acer wrote:with hptuners you can change all of it... if different for each engine...

Actually, you can't.

Shifted is correct that there are RPM, TPS, and delay timers involved in the process to switch to PE mode... but HP was nice enough not to decode anything except the RPM parameter in all the J's I have looked at so far.

Also of note, the name of "open loop" is inaccurate. "open loop" only means the PCM is not adjusting the mixture according to O2 input. If tuned correctly, the PCM can switch to open loop and still be dead on in keeping the A/F at 14.7:1.
PE (Power Enrichment) mode is the mode that richen the mixture for maximum power.

sig not found
Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:45 AM
protomec wrote:
Monday, October 30, 2006 11:59 PM

Acer wrote:

with hptuners you can change all of it... if different for each engine...

Actually, you can't.

Shifted is correct that there are RPM, TPS, and delay timers involved in the process to switch to PE mode... but HP was nice enough not to decode anything except the RPM parameter in all the J's I have looked at so far.

actually there is a PE threshold for the TPS for ecotecs, not sure about LD9s or LN2s. The only thing I haven't found is the delay timer. I set the RPM to 0 and left the TPS settings alone. Anytime I punch the gas its PE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search