just got hp tuners - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just got hp tuners
Friday, November 17, 2006 9:31 AM
whats up guys just got hp tuners and its awesome need some help on a few things what is the best tune 2 do i have a cold air intake header 10.2 plug wires ac delco rapid fire plugs and aftermarket muffler and centerforce dual friction clutch car is a 98 cav with 2200 in it any help would be appreciated and one other thing i was looking through it and couldnt find where to change rev limiter thanks guys

Re: just got hp tuners
Friday, November 17, 2006 9:45 AM
You should spend some time going through the help files, and the HPtuners forums to learn what everything does before making any changes. It will be well worth the time spent, and save you $$ if you make a mistake.

Learn to use the datalogger to see what changes should be made, and use a wideband O2 sensor before making changes to the fueling tables. There is no best tune for certain mods, every car is different.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Friday, November 17, 2006 9:47 AM
firstly, your car is basically stock so you don't really have to 'tune' it to an intake and a muffler

the rpm limiter is pretty easy to find.. I don't have my HPT in front of me since I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure its in the fuel control tab of the engine menu

you could advance timing, but without extra breathing capability of a full exhaust system you're not going to see much

you could tune the air/fuel ratio but without a wideband air/fuel ratio kit you can't really do that either.

and don't bring up a narrowband either you CAN NOT tune with a $60 air/fuel gauge.

Saturday, November 18, 2006 5:44 AM
thanks for the help where is a good reliable site to get the wideband sensor and any suggestions on a hi flow converter
Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:00 PM
Quote:

whats up guys just got hp tuners and its awesome need some help on a few things what is the best tune 2 do i have a cold air intake header 10.2 plug wires ac delco rapid fire plugs and aftermarket muffler and centerforce dual friction clutch car is a 98 cav with 2200 in it any help would be appreciated and one other thing i was looking through it and couldnt find where to change rev limiter thanks guys

That is the weakest "Tune" I've seen in a long time. I'll race you for titles in my mom's old Caravan.

ASE Certified Techician
DaimlerChrysler Certified Techician
Va Safety Inspector
Member Of TECHNET Professionals
Member Option D Racing
Saturday, December 09, 2006 3:09 PM
Come on man, ^^^^^ you always have to start out somewhere....

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Saturday, December 09, 2006 3:23 PM
Yes not to rag on him but the 2200 is the slowest stock production motor ive ever encountered. thats $650 could have been used for a larger more powerful purchase unless he plans to tune other cars as well.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 8:12 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:Yes not to rag on him but the 2200 is the slowest stock production motor ive ever encountered. thats $650 could have been used for a larger more powerful purchase unless he plans to tune other cars as well.
dont knock it.. Decent gains CAN be made.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search