HpTuners, injectors, and knock sensor.... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HpTuners, injectors, and knock sensor....
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:11 PM
couple of quick questions... I have read all the hptuners stuff, from shifted, chris, etc, etc...

1) with the Hptuners in regards to the sensitivity of knock retard... "and if we ever get it, the knock sensor sensitivity." (shifted)

--- how do we go about getting them to make this an option?
---- is this an option already?

--reason for asking is I have the balance shafts removed and I am seeing 6 degrees of knock retard.

2) now in regards to injectors...

--- I have read about green tops, brown tops, etc.... I want an injector set around the 550cc mark, what injectors will fit with modifications ONLY to the wiring harness?

aight, thanks alot guys, I am ordering my Hptuners today, and want to get some injectors, so when I get home I will have that stuff waiting for me, I've got three weeks, if that knock retard isn't released yet, do we have to email HPT and they will include, or program it?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: HpTuners, injectors, and knock sensor....
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:18 PM
I just got mine in today and i found a section to modify the knock retard, but I dont know exactly what to set it at yet. I am going to use it for running larger injectors and change the timing curve. I am going to order the accall 48# injectors. I believe they are around 500cc. The dimensions on the summit sight appear to be the right size. I have posted a link in another post. Search and you will find.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 6:27 PM
did you get the STD or PRO? why did you make the choice you did? I am just about to search for your other post...

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:25 PM
The most basic difference between STD and PRO is with PRO you have I think up to 4 inputs for other monitoring gauges such as Wideband 02 and EGT, etc.... you can then datalog them using the HPT software in correlation to your PCM's data and tune accordingly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Ron.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:19 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:The most basic difference between STD and PRO is with PRO you have I think up to 4 inputs for other monitoring gauges such as Wideband 02 and EGT, etc.... you can then datalog them using the HPT software in correlation to your PCM's data and tune accordingly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Ron.

-Chris-

It also has black box recording and 2 programmable outputs

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:26 AM
so with the programmable outputs, how does that work? do you have to leave it plugged into your car? like for meth injections, you can set it up how ever you would like, but where would you hookup the signal wires and such???

Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:10 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:

--reason for asking is I have the balance shafts removed and I am seeing 6 degrees of knock retard.

Removing the balance shafts will not cause the knock sensor to sense a false knock, something else is your problem.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:31 PM
thats awesome looks like im going with the pro!!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, May 11, 2006 2:53 PM
so anyone know about the programmable outputs? how do you use them, and can they be used for nitrous between shifts to keep a huge snail spinning, or meth injection that comes on with boost?

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:00 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:so anyone know about the programmable outputs? how do you use them, and can they be used for nitrous between shifts to keep a huge snail spinning, or meth injection that comes on with boost?

A blow off valve should keep a huge snail spinning between shifts, but the outputs could be used to trigger a water/alcohol injection system, nitrous system, 2ndary fuel pump, or whatever you want really.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:13 PM
with my stage 2 cams and balance shafts removed on my ecotec and a rubber washer in between the knock sensor and block i at most if any at all see only 2 degrees of knock retard at WOT and like i said IF at all so i agree i think something else is up.

The one, the only, ME. ,

F$%K ILLSTREET.COM

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:52 PM
yah, I think it might have been a fuel problem ...punchs Ian... LOL, jason will have to use nitrous to keep his turbo spooling between shifts, but he's always got over kill

Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:41 PM
This question is a little off topic, but i couldn't really find anywere else to fit it in. I have a 1996 cavalier, I changed the oil the other day. I noticed a slight fuel smell from the fuel rail. After driving for a slight while under slight load to about 1/3 throtte, there is a slight knock. Has anyone ever linked a slight knocking with a failing injector. could this be a slight knock resulting from a slighter lean condition? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
db_willy@hotmail.com
thanx.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:05 AM
Okay, i'm not jacking this post or anything, i just have one quick question...

If all i was wanting to do is adjust air/fuel and possibly timing, which should i get? standard or advanced? Also, i've got a supercharger that i plan on putting on when i get home, is there anything i should know before doing this? I could "reflash" my computer with this right?

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:19 PM
with the supercharger you will be getting the reflash anyways...

this will allow you to better tune your car though

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 4:08 PM
basically the timing looks like this, the first is NA setup, then the GM S/C, then the Difference between the two. Look at many other boost setups, they run 20+ timing under boost and RPM :shurg

this timing can be made way more aggressive, but caution abviously need to be taken while doing so.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:21 PM
I can't freakin wait to get this software! That's awesome Garrett, when are you back in town?

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:52 PM
well my flights from site and stuff are on may.31, and I should be home early morning june.1 I can't wait, I have to install my painted LS lips, and see the new paint on the car... also my tuner should be there with some new injectors. I'm sure we'll chat before I get back.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search