HpTuners VS SAFC2 for 2bar boost. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HpTuners VS SAFC2 for 2bar boost.
Friday, November 24, 2006 12:58 PM
how close to a perfect tune can you get from them?
I'm thinking that tuning them at a WOT @ rpm is very similar to eachother. since the ecu can't see boost with HPtuners without the 2000+ supercharger flash, and SAFC2 can't add more voltage to the ecu for a 2bar MAP (and It isn't even used for calculating afr anyways from my understanding).
So, you pretty much have to fake a 2bar tune to get boost for either of them. some say "it's not that bad for HPtuners" others that used SAFC2 said it was garbage after they were done installing it. (throws DTC for the MAP)
let's say I have SAFC-2 and i have MSD to pull timing.... aside from work to get it done, which would be the best I'm looking for between HPTuners and SAFC2?

another question: since SACF2 throws the Map DTC, does it send it into an open loop?

Re: HpTuners VS SAFC2 for 2bar boost.
Saturday, November 25, 2006 7:32 AM
1. the computer can be tuned to see boost using a 2 bar map
2. you can control timing according to map signal (0-5v)
3. injector constants (250cc-1000cc so far)
4. rev limiters
5. speed governors
6. auto shift stuff

just to list a few for HPT..

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search