Ok, so I'm about to get tuned by hpt - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ok, so I'm about to get tuned by hpt
Saturday, November 25, 2006 9:09 AM
What I'm gonna do first is get the stock reflash for the 00+ GM Supercharger, flash it and go drive around a little bit. Cause I honestly don't think the dealership even did it. I mean, 174whp? uh......

But what would you guys recommend I change once I get a couple runs logged? I'm gonna start out setting the PE to 1500rpm, bumping the idle up to 1000, and changing the fan on temp to about 210. I remember there was something about changing some timing tables to be the exact same thing....but I can't remember exactly. Any help is much appreciated.

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Re: Ok, so I'm about to get tuned by hpt
Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:56 AM
174, stock 2.4 supercharger... you got it for sure

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:19 PM
well i dunno, i just dont get why other people with JUST the charger and reflash are making 195 wheel....and I have the charger and almost every bolton besides cams. i mean isn't the reflash supposed to make your car run rich? cause mine hits 18:1 afr at wot?? So something is def up with it. like I said I dont think they even did it...

2000 Camaro V6.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:24 PM
does it smoke black at idle? if not they did it... but 18:1... stop driving it now, and fix it. check fuel pressure, injectors, any and everything that is changed, you WILL and ARE melting everything inside. DO NOT DRIVE.. 12:1 is starting to get safe pending intake temps, injections, mods, and timing.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:28 PM
no it doesnt smoke black at idle, and i didnt mean its at 18:1 ALL the time, it stays around 14:1 or so and sometimes hits 18:1....

also, when it was on the dyno, it would spit black smoke out every once in awhile.

2000 Camaro V6.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:33 PM
did you put in the 310cc injectors? are you running the stock fuel pump, FPR?? is the vacumm line hooked to the FPR?

even 14:1 is really dangerous with boost. you should be around 12:1 (at the lean end) under boost.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:41 PM
yep, 310cc injectors, stock fuel pump, stock fpr. line hooked to fpr, but its not the stock line. I have a nylon line going into a 't' for my boost gauge. its the stock connector tho, and i have 2 zip ties holding the nylon tubing in place in the stock connector, with electrical tape around the nylon tubing. haha, if you understand that lol...

could that be the problem? the way I have it hooked up, could the fpr not be seeing the right vac and psi?

2000 Camaro V6.

Monday, November 27, 2006 6:39 AM
if it is hooked up to the boost gauge.. you will see exactly what the FPR on the rail is seeing... hmmm... you could try and get the reflash done again.. are you sure the map you put in is in fact the 2.0 bar map??

Monday, November 27, 2006 11:37 AM
yea its strange tho, i have the 2.6 pulley and still see only 6psi and i have meth injection?? lol..i dunno

im 99.9% sure i have the 2bar map hooked up. i remember looking at the part number on it and it wasnt the part number for the stocker map sensor so....

2000 Camaro V6.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:24 AM
When are you seeing 18:1? Under WOT or when you let off and coast?

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:06 PM
thats just it. i dont know when its hitting that...the guy that did the dyno said it was hitting it sometimes. and since they it was a major dyno night they didnt get me a detailed printout

2000 Camaro V6.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 8:01 AM
Well that's the 1st thing you need to figure out, if it's under WOT, you should not go WOT again until it's fixed. If it's when you let off then it's normal, big difference. You pretty much need a WB O2 if you're going to be playing with this stuff, everything else is just guessing games.

As for spitting out black smoke, I have no cat in my car, and it will shoot flames when shifting at redline let alone puffing some smoke, moreso before I was tuned, but all the same, not really indicative of anything. If it's smoking while under power (mid gear) then that would be cause for concern.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Wednesday, December 06, 2006 4:49 PM
it was prolby when the injector pulse shut off, on the down rev.

at 18:1 it would blow.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, December 08, 2006 6:42 AM
^^^ thats what i was thinking.... but you may wanna upgrade injectors to red tops, and maybe a fuel pump. Im not sure the max of the injectors but i think ur pushin it

300hp&tq coming soon
Team GREEN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search