Need some advice ( 2.4L GM S/C ) - Page 2 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Need some advice ( 2.4L GM S/C )
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:27 AM
IMO, it's just easier to tune with HPT and fake a 2 bar.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 1:18 PM
^^^ HOT BODY ALERT^^^ LOL, just playin' around....i had a good dream lastnight that i met Vida Guerra.....lol....what Iraq does to some people!!! I think the way i'm going to go is buy Hptuners....find someone with the reflash file and reflash my car with that....drive to the Dyno...and put the 2.6" on and see what numbers i could get. That's the plans for February.....god i cant wait to go home! I'll definately be posting up the results and what exactly i did. I'm trying to beat my friends Turbo'd GSR, he's still got the stock injectors and a slight tune, so he's only boosting about 7 lbs....his dyno results were 178WHP so, i'm hoping to get about the same amount if not a little lower than PhlatCav pulled on the dyno. Wish me luck fellas, and i'll definately keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the help and great advice everyone gave, it definatley wont be taken for granted, although i still may be posting a couple more times just for specifics on the set-up.

Thanks Everyone!

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 3:45 PM
Chris Filzen wrote:
Quote:

DUMB.

with HPT, you take all the GM 2K up tables and transpose them on to your 99 PCM.

IE

do it right and REFLASH it.

ANY time you plug in and change ANYTHING, its a REFLASH.

That is what i ment.

get it now?

actually anytime you plug in and change anything is not considered a reflash.
cars that are capable of being reflashed must contain Electronic Erasable Program Read Only Memory
(aka Double E-PROM) in the vehicles control module.
ie: the VCM reflash for the 00+ GM S/C kit.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

you Burn a Eprom, AND flash a PCM.

really simple

because by what you just said, " ie: the VCM reflash for the 00+ GM S/C kit. "

the cavalier computer would have a Eprom, INCORRECT Eproms went out with OBD-1, around 1995.

understand now?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:22 AM
What is the smallest pulley made for supercharger, and what kind of boost is it capable of producing. Yeah, i have my motor problems but before my motor went it was to be boosted. Now i'm back to deciding how i want to boost it.

Remember: You don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the G's!
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 4:14 PM
2.6 is as small as you can get with out taking metle off the snout. you can get a 2.5, or a 2.4, but i * think* thats past the Delta V of the rotors, i would have to do the math.

also, anyone besides me and one other persion think about geting a biger crank pulley, made out of alum?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:05 AM
I actually had JBP going to make some bigger lightened crank pulleys but we didn't have enough people to want to buy them....Now, i have as mush boost as i really could handle without porting my charger and what not......

Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:27 AM
What do you mean past the Delta V of the rotors.

Remember: You don't just cuddle with Max Power, you strap yourself in and prepare for the G's!
Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:07 PM
Past the limits that the rotors can spin to create more boost.....unless you get it ported....

Thursday, December 14, 2006 3:51 PM
Kind of,

Delta-V is a term that Eaton used to describe the point where more boost creates to much heat, this robbing power output.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:46 PM
Quote:

also, anyone besides me and one other persion think about geting a bigger crank pulley, made out of alum?

Taetsch,

I am up to 3 with someone else I know. I am working out a deal with someone now, but I need at least 5 firm orders

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??
Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:42 PM
well you know man im game. N2O too heheheh

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search