HP tuners with GM s/c'er re-flash?? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HP tuners with GM s/c'er re-flash??
Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:14 PM
Ok so im wondering if the HP tuners program will work with the GM supercharger re-flash? any one here have this combo? or know if it will work? with the 2 bar maps sensor? as well will it keep the timing part or do i have to re do all that?

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Re: HP tuners with GM s/c'er re-flash??
Friday, April 28, 2006 2:49 AM
according to shifted the gm reflash only uses the map to adjust timing for boost not fuel, the gm reflash only adds fuel per rpm and load.. so in actuality theres no reason to get both, just hp tuners is fine, this was just discovered a short time ago

so people with the gm sc who add pulleys are technically just leaning out their car (within reason)

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:37 AM
Yes it does, they just released the beta version, and full support will be in 2.1.10

I have the beta for it, and the S/C program is really a hack, but it does show a scale from 0-200kpa in the timing tables, and the VE tables aren't a lot different, they change the injector constant to make up for most of what the s/c is doing.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, April 28, 2006 12:15 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:so people with the gm sc who add pulleys are technically just leaning out their car (within reason)

in closed loop operation the comp should adjust to a decent degree

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Friday, April 28, 2006 3:02 PM
Shifted wrote:Yes it does, they just released the beta version, and full support will be in 2.1.10

I have the beta for it, and the S/C program is really a hack, but it does show a scale from 0-200kpa in the timing tables, and the VE tables aren't a lot different, they change the injector constant to make up for most of what the s/c is doing.

now I am confused, does the map sensor add fuel per boost or not

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, April 28, 2006 3:06 PM
No, never said or hinted that it did...

Quote:

but it does show a scale from 0-200kpa in the timing tables, and the VE tables aren't a lot different

I think that sentance is confusing you...

Here...

It does show a scale from 0-200kpa in the timing tables. Also, the VE tables aren't much different than the stock tables apart from some minor changes in the values. The axis are still exactly the same (TPS vs RPM).

Talking about two completely separate things there.

Friday, April 28, 2006 3:10 PM
QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:
Shifted wrote:Yes it does, they just released the beta version, and full support will be in 2.1.10

now I am confused, does the map sensor add fuel per boost or not

From what I can see, No..... the map table is just pulling lots of timing and like Shifted stated, the injector constant value is modified to compensate for more fuel...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, April 28, 2006 4:01 PM
ok well thats what i said.. well meant...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, April 28, 2006 4:25 PM
phil, you goin to carisle import show next weekend (may 5-7)? ill be there with my beatup fenders and primer kit

btw does anyone know if any shops would actually know how to tune our ecu's with the software if we bought it, im ordering mine soon i hope and leary about messing stuff up since i dont know what everything means.

Friday, April 28, 2006 4:34 PM
I'll have FAQ's on my site soon about how to properly tune VE and Spark.

Friday, April 28, 2006 7:21 PM
Excelent info Shifted!!!!!

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 1:13 PM
so your sayen i just need a different version then to run with the 2 bar map sensor and such...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Saturday, April 29, 2006 4:46 PM
No, no special version.

Sunday, April 30, 2006 3:55 PM
reflash + hptuners, I find works out just lovely.

it's easier having gm do the leg work, and then myself getting the hptuners for clean up and fine tuning.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Sunday, April 30, 2006 10:46 PM
yea thats what im hopping to do...

Friday, May 12, 2006 12:32 PM
I was just doing some looking around, and the GM s/c reflash from what I can see uses a different operating system (O/S) than the NA tune. From what I understand from chris it uses MAP vs RPM for fuel delivery, which would be a huge bonus with a turbo engine. I just ordered mine 2 days ago, and am just waiting for the cables, and to get home to use it. I posted to get some hpt/bin files just to learn how to use the program while I am at work.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, May 12, 2006 9:50 PM
bout time you see the light Josh

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:42 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:bout time you see the light Josh

ahah well the guy who @!#$ me around saying he could tune the stock computer with out the HP tuners can do it but he did nothing on mine for 5 weeks.. it just sat out side so i took it back and litterly told him to @!#$ off as he was wanting money and wanting me to come back....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search