Tuning the 2003-2005 EcoTec - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tuning the 2003-2005 EcoTec
Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:10 PM
I have read so much,

I now know that s-afc is bad the greddy e- manage is bad.

which knowing these things leaves only 4 options hpt, reflash, megasquirt and complete full stand alone EMS

and i'm either getting hpt or the reflash. I've read that the reflash tops out at 10psi??? and also read it tops out at 15psi???
havn't figured out which one is true. But my biggest question i want to know is......Are there any tuning options out there that can even read or modify the s/c reflash at all???
but even so i'm not really don't have the desire to go above 15psi atleast at this moment i don't, and i don't want to have to do extensive tuning like with a stand alone or megasquirt which basically is one.

and also if anyone has the saab parts from a saab 9-3 2003+ i would love to have them thanks for all and any input

oh and also i've read about one other option and that is having my ecu flashed to a 2002 o/s (i have a 05 ecotec) and then running the port fueler anyways thanks again for comments and suggestions

You take a women and X her by PSI devide the legs and you can then juice the car......LOL

Re: Tuning the 2003-2005 EcoTec
Sunday, December 17, 2006 12:02 PM
bump for insight input and/or suggestions

You take a women and X her by PSI devide the legs and you can then juice the car......LOL
Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:18 PM
go with hptuners or megasquirt... if you get the reflash then you are stuck with what gm wants you to have... but, if you dont want to worry about tuning then that might be a good thing. there is nothing that can read the gm reflash... hptuners is the first to be able to read and change our ecu and they dont support the eco reflash... on the 2.4 reflash

good luck

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:32 PM
thanks for the post Acer...

would you happen to know how much psi the gm reflash allows you to run???

Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:38 PM
nope...

i have only ever had hptuners... i might go to megasquirt one day though

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, December 22, 2006 7:47 AM
since the gm reflash (or the GMPP s/c kit) comes with a 2bar MAP, i'm pretty sure its only mapped out to 15psi

or, if you want to be super specific 14.7psi (1 bar above atmospheric)

go with HPT or MS

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search