Map sensor and tuning - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Map sensor and tuning
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:15 PM
To start off I have a 2003 sunfire but I went out and got a new 2005 ecotec engine and am building it up with Eagle H-Beam connecting rods and a set of wiesco pistons with 8.9:1 compression. Also I am installing a turbo kit with a full front mount intercooler setup. Right now I also have a boost related fuel pressure regulator(which goes right into the place of the stock one) and 42lb fuel injectors. I also went out and got an AEM wideband o2 sensor.(which was highly recomended from you guys) I am hoping to run up to about 17psi for track and about 10psi to 12psi daily.

Ok I know this has probably been asked before but do I or should I get a 2 bar or 3 bar map sensor if I am planning on running hp tuners?

I know that with hp tuners I can fake a 2 or 3 bar setup but still would it just be better to get the actual 2 or 3 bar map sensor or is it not necessary or would it just be a waste of money and time?

If I should get the new map sensor were would I get one for a reasonable price and what is all needed for wiring one in or would it just plug right into my stock plug?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Project Yellow Blur Is Under Way ! ! ! ! !

Re: Map sensor and tuning
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:38 AM
the map sensor that plugs into the stock spot is the one off of the gm s/c kit and i have seen it for around 200+ dollars, although i recall a thread were a guy was saying that he can get them for real cheap...

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD%2D2312&N=700+115&autoview=sku

thats what i have, the msd 2312... its cheap and it works... any 5v sensor should...

as far as the faking a 2bar with hptuners... ummm, you cant just fake it without a 2bar map sensor... the "faking" is just unplugging a 1bar and pluging in a 2bar and rescaling all the hptuners tables that have to do with MAP to work with the new values/ranges that are sent to the ecu by the 5v 2bar map
sensor......

http://www.4cyltuner.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

read that, he explains it a lot better

good luck!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 5:59 PM
Ok thank you for your input.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:10 PM
Would this be the pig tail I would need to wire up an msd 2 bar map sensor???

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACC%2D74696&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Let me know so I can order them soon...

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:29 PM
that looks like it would connect, i got mine from pepboys for 6 bucks

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:41 PM
What did you call it when you went to pep boys for it?

Sorry if the question sounds dumb but some shops and parts places around here are idiots.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 8:37 PM
gm 3 pin weather connector

look at the shape it should look like the shape of the map sensor.... you might have to find the right pins and swap em out.... i got my pins from muarrys, so i cant help you there... you can call and ask them for the connector to a msd 2bar map sensor they can ship it out to you i think, 8 bucks with the pins

the only dumb questions are the ones you never ask.

good luck!

p.s. http://www.murrayauto.com/

Friday, December 22, 2006 9:43 PM
Ok thank you for some great help acer also where and how much would it be for a set of solid or neutral balanced shafts and also where do I go about getting stronger drive axles?

Sunday, December 24, 2006 1:59 AM
i know that www.jbodyperformance.com sells some decent axels but their prices are high, look at those and maybe you could find the same ones for a lil cheaper or maybe some axels that are better than those just gotta do alot of research

You take a women and X her by PSI devide the legs and you can then juice the car......LOL
Monday, December 25, 2006 12:14 PM
OK thank you for help and i hope i can find them a little cheaper/

Saturday, December 30, 2006 12:26 PM
your welcome just make sure you tell us how everything works out

You take a women and X her by PSI devide the legs and you can then juice the car......LOL

Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:35 PM
Is there any links that would replace these that don't work anymore?
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:30 AM
This may help: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-2312?seid=srese1&gclid=CMS0oPin4bYCFYRM4AodikUApA
I think that's the MSD 2 bar map sensor from Summit now. Cost: $62.95

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search