ecotec reflash issues.... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec reflash issues....
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:35 PM
First off, i'm running the Saab td04 turbo setup (8psi) similar to Brandosons car. And for two months a was using a FMU and the Saab green injectors, the car ran great, just the 2-3 minutes of rich idle in the morning... thats it. The afr was 11.8-12.3 across the RPM range. Well i had heard the good reviews from people getting the reflash with thier turboed car, so i get it.... The tmap IS wired correctly and is mounted in the oem map location. The reflash was from a buddies VIN #, so we install the software and fixed the PCM and BCM seeing different VIN#
Now the car runs and idles perfect....BUT, when i rev it alittle at idle it stumbles and falls on its face, but not when the car is moving. Also the car feels very slow when i get into boost, smooth at fist them it feels like its misfiring. The car has no CEL's and starting up perfect. Also the FMU has been removed from the car...but my fuel psi is at idle is 50-51....isnt normal for an eco in the low 40's. I double checked at the vacuum lines and the fpr is working....
I'm wondering if the Saab injectors are the issue or if its something else? is anyone else having these problems?

Re: ecotec reflash issues....
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 3:57 PM
sounds like you're running rich...get an afpr. if you have an 02 rail, talk to brandoson and ask him about his adapter piece. i think you'll find your answer there.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:16 PM
get a wide band o2 gauge , brandon had some issues on running overly rich , he got a adjustable fpr , and droped the pressure down , and was able to get the afr into the mid 11's and said it ran better

also after the reflash it takes a while for the computer to readjust the mapping

my 2.4 , and it also seamed to have less power , i know alot of timing was taken out , where you have alot of timing before

and the eco idle pressure is in the 50 range

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 4:30 PM
my eco idle is at 36 psi but I have an afpr...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:24 PM
My eco stock fuel pressure was 55 PSI ish...
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:12 PM
yep... Mine had the exact same problems.

It was running really rich like they said.

I put an adjustable fpr on there, lowered the base pressure to 38 psi and it runs much better.

I dont get that idle fall on its face thing anymore either.

It pulls harder now that its not so rich as well.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional."
Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:25 PM
oh also its still slower because i am pretty sure it is pulling timing

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:57 PM
I look at your car, and funn it looks like I see just a hint of orange!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:48 PM
turned base to 38psi, still all the same problems, i also tried the Saab injectors AND the s/c injectors......i'm about ready to say ef this reflash and just use the FMU and the s/c injectors.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:04 PM
thats funny cause mine seems to work fine at 38psi.

what did you use to adjust the base pressure?

Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:09 PM
I removed the stock fpr and used the cartech fmu with a gauge on the rail.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 4:22 PM
There's just way too much of a total lack of information here to decide anything.

sig not found
Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:51 PM
can a cartech fmu work just the same as a regular fuel pressure regulator?

Friday, May 05, 2006 3:01 AM
i still think you need a real afpr. the cartech is going to try and add more fuel as boost builds and the ecu might try and counter act it. pick up a summit book and order an areomotive afpr and get the fmu out of there.
personnally i'd spend the extra 100 bucks or so to try and get ride of the fmu. to me the fmu is nothing more than a bandaid and a liability. twice already the shim has been damaged and has caused me major issues (granted an easy fix its just a pain in the butt). that and the reflash with the tmap allows us to really be able to tune it with more applications.

Friday, May 05, 2006 9:50 AM
^^ agreed

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:42 PM
UPDATE:

I got a real AFPR hooked up tuner the base psi down to 40psi, nothing changed.

Got the hooked up to the HP tuner, and the hardware for the HP tuner was not updated for the reflash..... so we send in the code and the reply was

"i just added them, you should have the update when Keith recompiles.

BTW, the one you said was a GM SC reflash wasn't modded for 2bar like the other GM SC reflashes I've seen."

This leads us to believe the reflash didn't make it to the car.... So i tested it, i popped to stock 1bar map sensor back in (I wired in both connection ends) The car ran perfect. Does anyone know if the car will run correctly if the stock map is installed will the reflash? Also when the car first started up with the TMAP the car ran real hard, is to possible the car just learned how to run OK with the TMAP and without the reflash?

Any help????????????????????????????

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:51 PM
it wont.....brandon drove to the shop w/ the tmap and he said it ran liek crap, then after to reflash it was good......but it seems you got jacked out of a computer programming @ the dealer

*************Yea i spell liek wrong get over it*****************
** If i write in caps its cause im @ work and i can only write in caps cause the keyboard is a retarded CAPS only keyboard.**
Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:13 PM
Hmm I am a little pissed now, makes me wonder if the SC reflash made it onto my car as well. But if you are saying the car would run for crap with the TMAP and the NA program then it seems that my car has the reflash as it has been running okay, and geting okay fuel economy (if the operator keeps his foot out of it).

Now I am all freaked out! and somewhat worried as well...won't be able to tell anything till tomorrow when I get the car back from the body shop.......More likely saturday at the earliest.....

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:18 PM
Paul that would suck, i wonder if you reset your computer if it will run like crap for a while.

Maybe this is the reason your car is so slow?

Hope this gets worked out...

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:21 PM
The car has had the battery unhooked for more then 30 minutes when we removed the airbox from the car.

Also I think we found part of the slow problem with the residual plastic parts that I removed a week or so ago. Part of the slow is probably also the tune, I hope.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:38 PM
Is there anyway to check the PCM's software update date using a tech2?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 3:43 PM
im waiting to get the reflash done , when i took the g/s cav around the block , it drove ok on the TMAP , but it rund PIG FAT rich , i knew that because the cat was stinking it up

not to mention the big flat spot if you tried to accel from a slow speed

but if yours ran better on the stock map sensor then im guessing they didnt reflash it right

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:16 PM
Yeah, they might not have done it right.

what is your afr?

you havent said what is is since you got the reflash.

I would suggest removing the stock sensor. The computer might freak out if both are plugged in at the same time.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:19 PM
only one sensor is pluged in.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:38 PM
Probable current solution...

NOT sc reflashed.

Stock flash.

sig not found
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search