wideband - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wideband
Sunday, November 19, 2006 4:50 PM
a little help please i have been checking on the wide band sensor and i have a question with hp tuners do i need the whole kit or just the sensor and i only seen replacement for rear sensor is this true

Re: wideband
Sunday, November 19, 2006 5:01 PM
having a wide band for the rear is useless, the Wideband could either replace your current Narrowband O2 sensor (the one in the manifold), or used in conjuction with, all HP Tuners allows from what i recall is allow data logging of the Wideband, and does not replace the current Narrowband. There are Wideband O2's out there that can replace factory O2 sensors, but I honestly am not sure which ones off the top of my head.

Sunday, November 19, 2006 5:14 PM
You need the whole kit.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 8:23 PM
if am using dyno hp tuner is it necessary to use a wideband
Wednesday, November 22, 2006 6:39 AM
You can tune without a wideband, but a wideband input to HPT makes it a LOT LOT easier.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:41 PM
somone explain to me what wideband does/is/ is the perpouse of? im not sure if i got it right on my head?
Monday, January 22, 2007 1:21 AM
A wideband tells you what your air to fuel mixture is.. On boosted cars you want something like 12.5:1 (air/fuel)

Monday, January 22, 2007 9:30 AM
Not to jack the thread but If I look at some local tuner shops websites and the talk about tuning with any tuning tool you have or theirs and tune with or with out wideband. does this mean they hook up a wide band to tune or you supply one and they tune with it. I realize every shop will be different but In general how does this work. I have decided that I dont even wanna attempt to do it myself for fear of blowing the engine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search