HPT's and megasquirt - Page 3 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HPT's and megasquirt
Monday, January 29, 2007 9:06 AM
Bob Martin wrote:Well fuel IMO is easier to tune than spark usually and I tend to tune very conservative the first time as to avoid knock problems completely then slowly work my rich!!!!! fuel table to lean until I notice a loss in power or smoothness and then slowly richen up those areas again until power and or smoothness return I could set up a conservative map for fuel within a few days( I'm extremely careful when it comes to these things) if MSD DIS2 could control spark and eliminate those rev limiters and MS could control fuel also eliminating that factory rev limiter then that sounds to be my solution!!! Would you guess recommend the DIS2 or the Programable DIS2 ? or is there much of a difference?? I would say the later seams to be a standalone ignition controller while the former would still be standalone but more of a trim pot style of tuning your spark ? but correct me if I'm wrong!!!!

for the 3 millionth time, MSD is a piggy back system. You don't eliminate the limiter by using MSD without changing the factory computer somehow.. unless you go with a full stand alone ignition setup (either using MS, or with a full stand alone MSD system which is very expensive and requires the use of a crank trigger wheel)

get it now? MSD DIS-2 does not eliminate limiters without something else altering the spark. all the DIS-2 box does is intercept the factory signal, alter it and then send it to the coils. So when the factory computer hits the limiter guess what.. the DIS-2 hits the limiter too since its taking its instructions from the factory computer.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I'm answering your question.. I don't know how else to explain it if you don't understand by now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search