3-Bar MAP Leans Out - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3-Bar MAP Leans Out
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 7:18 AM
I have HPT and I used Shifted's method from the HPT forums to fake a 3-bar tune. I bought and MSD 3-bar MAP sensor and wired it into my car. I wired it directly to the wiring from my stock sensor, just connected the wire from the "A" terminal on the stock sensor to the "A" terminal on the 3-bar and so on. Then I loaded my new maps into the PCM, which were all prepared the way he described, to create a fake 3-bar tune. However, when I got everything done and connected and the tune loaded, the car would not run. It would start as usual, idle for a split second, and lean out until it died. I tried looking at the idle tables and all kinds of stuff and I don't know what I did wrong. I plugged my Boost gauge into the MSD map and it read fine. I don't know if I wired it wrong or if I did the tune wrong. I just don't know. Any help would be great. I would be more than happy to post my tune if someone would tell me how. Let me know if I need to give you any more info. I want to get this fixed. Thank you for your time/help.

Re: 3-Bar MAP Leans Out
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:52 AM
Fuel tables are not MAP based, you didn't modify those at all did you?

Is your theft light on?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 6:59 PM
I did not touch the fuel tables because, as you said they are not MAP based so it would be pointless and actually hurt me. As far as the theft light.....i didn't even know I had one or where it is for that matter so I have no idea if it was on or not.
Thursday, February 01, 2007 8:58 AM
Can you post your stock/modifed files along with a log......

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, February 01, 2007 4:27 PM
If you tell me how to post them I will be glad to post anything that will help. There really isn't anything to post as far as a log goes. It did not run long enough to log anything. I just know that it started as usual and instantly leaned out and died. It did that everytime I tried to start it. When I hooked the 3-bar into my boost gauge to see if it was reading correctly I had no MAP sensor connected at all and then it did the exact same thing, only to the rich side. I turned it off before it flooded, but I am sure it would have kept richening up until it died. I don't know if that will help, but I thought I would post it anyway.
Friday, February 02, 2007 1:15 PM
I had the exact same problem trying to get my MSD 3 bar to work, sadly to this day i still havent gotten it fixed, but im working on it, so If i find anything out ill be sure to pass it along.

Monday, February 05, 2007 9:06 PM
You need to go over the entire file with a fine tooth comb, ANYTHING that pertains to a MAP value must be rescaled, that goes for DCFO, Knock sensors, IAT Spark, etc

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search