Problem - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem
Friday, February 02, 2007 7:48 AM
my friend has a 2000 cav with a 2.4. its got 525cc injectors and he's got it turbo'd as well. he knew that the car was going to run a bit rough with idling and such due to having the huge injectors in it and i helped him so he could get his car reflashed with my gm s/c part #. before he got the reflash, it would idle rough and sputter a bit until higher up in the powerband and then would haul ass but after the reflash, at 4000ish rpm the car starts to flutter and run rough barely even hitting boost and in 2nd gear can't spin on icy roads.

we thought the map sensor might be the wrong one but after checking the part# it was the right one.

he also has hpt in his possession so he's gonna unlock it for his car and go abouts trying to tweak a couple things with that.

Ron (shifted) how do you go abouts figuring out what to change the injector constant to and any insight would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Re: Problem
Friday, February 02, 2007 7:55 AM
Click the link to the 4cyltuner.com forum under my sig, look in the FAQ's at finding the injector constant.

Its quite simple, requires a little tweaking afterwards because its a lot of factors (not just fuel) in that constant, but should get you in the ballpark.

Your issue is almost definately because you are trying to control injectors twice as large as the S/C flash...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search