which is betteR? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
which is betteR?
Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:33 PM
hey do you guys have an idea which of these products are better? 1. the NGK Powerdex AFX Air-Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit, or 2.
AEM GAUGE TYPE 6-IN-1 WIDEBAND UEGO CONTROLLER 30-4100. thanks let me know

Re: which is betteR?
Sunday, February 04, 2007 10:29 PM
I made a post awhile back about the NGK AFX since I am trying to keep a stock look and the lcd would be easier for me to hide then a gauge, but nobody had any input so I don't think anybody has ran one yet.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Monday, February 05, 2007 7:15 AM
well hopefully someone can get some solid answers on here it would be awesome! thanks
Monday, February 05, 2007 9:27 AM
I have the UEGO, I like it...

Depends on what you want, you want an LCD readout, then get the NGK, you want a gauge, get the AEM

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, February 05, 2007 4:52 PM
Well i know i would like a gauge more. But i have heard those UEGO's have been out by almost 1 full ratio. so i mean if it were actually 12.3, it was reading out 13.3 or so on. anyone have this problem? any recommendations?
Monday, February 05, 2007 9:03 PM
I havent heard of that problem with any of them, Id say that was possibly just a defective unit, The AEM has been on the market for about 2 years now im sure any bugs have been worked out by now

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:22 AM
what do u guys think about the innovate lc-1 and xd-16 as a unit?
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:00 AM
i liked both my hand held and gauge from innovate

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:18 PM
anyone else with this innovate kit?
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:41 PM
I hate the innovative simply because of thier calibration procedure, its cumbersome and time consuming

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:52 PM
I have the AEM and LOVE it. Been running it for awhile now and it's been right on with the dyno's WBO2 that have been used. A reason why there could be a difference between a dyno's and ANY WB is if you have an exhaust leak near the dyno probe you could be seeing more air than where the other WB is, so it's the dyno's WB that gets thrown off.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:08 PM
I have my innovate kit simply BECAUSE of how you calibrate it. It's simple and straightforward.

Press the button on the XD-1 unit twice. Wait while it reheats and recalibrates. One minute later you're on your way, start the car.

My Innovate unit has treated me well so far.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:54 PM
ok cool, well i decided to purchase the innovate lc-1 with the xd-16gauge. i hope it treates me well. and some of the software that comes with it looks interesting. so what is so bad with the calibration process anyway?
Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:57 PM
Without the XD1 you have to wire in this grounding button and an LED and all this garbage.... with the XD1 you just push the button on the gauge twice. Done.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, February 07, 2007 10:01 PM
not sure i follow....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search