MS-II + Auto - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MS-II + Auto
Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:57 PM
Alright, here is my dilemma...Now that I just passed emissions (and don't need to retest until 09') I want to run Megasquirt II to control fuel and spark. I would try HPT, for its simplicity and usefulness... But do to the difference in price, lack of speed density tuning, having to fake a 2 bar map, and no fuel/spark tuning over 6800 RPM: I am pretty sure I want to go the MS route (Plus I like to solder ) . The problem I have though is that I have an auto.

MS-II will allow me to set a higher than stock rev-limiter, but I am 99.9% sure it doesn't have any control over the trany. The stock ECU needs at least the signal from the TPS to control shift points and even at WOT the max shift point is around 6200.

For one, would splicing the wires from the TPS to the MS-II with the stock ECU TPS wires work? Or is the lower amperage across each wire going to cause a problem(s)? Also, is there any other way besides either GM or HPT to change the shift points of the 4t40e for when I eventually install HO cams? Thanks.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.

Re: MS-II + Auto
Monday, February 05, 2007 9:16 PM
I know this forum doesn't get looked at as much as the others, and I also know it has only been 2 days, but are there no Autos running Megasquirt or any other standalone that could provide some usefull insight? I know HPT is going to be the simplist way, but there is no way I'm spending $650 for Alpha-N tuning.

-

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:00 PM
i had an auto and MS..but it was a 3spd and not ms-II..just MS.. i spliced into the TPS with no problems, since ign. was still controlled by the stock ECM i had to. It worked great no problesm with it what so ever..

but i can't help you on the shift point thing, because i never dealt with it, and i had a 3spd

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:24 PM
Thanks Ryan...That will at least fix the imediate and more important problem. Hmmm...Maybe I can "jury-rig" something like paddle shifters and just force the car into each gear like a manual when the time comes for a higher rev limit (Probably a terrible idea even if I could get it to work).

-

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search