Stock 2.2 Spark Map? (non-eco) - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock 2.2 Spark Map? (non-eco)
Sunday, February 11, 2007 2:58 PM
was wondering if anyone has used their HPT to look at a stock timing map for a pre-eco 2.2?

is there someway you could share that information with someone who does not have HPT?

I am interested in starting with a base when I try to retune my car this year. (Running a standalone)

Ive managed a pretty strong advance at idle, and wouldn't mind comparing my spark map to a stocker.

any help is greatly appreciated.

perhaps the OHV guru's (slowolej, OHVnotec, etc) have already seen a stock curve?

let me know,

thank you.

Steve

Re: Stock 2.2 Spark Map? (non-eco)
Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:53 PM
I've posted a map for a 95 S10 which is a little different than a J due to the intake configuration. I've also sent out copies of the map I ended up with in my turbo 2.2 J. I'll be glad to send copies if you have email.

-->Slow
Sunday, February 11, 2007 8:10 PM
I have the stock file for a 98 2.2.... (the one I tuned with a turbo)

Which spark map do you need? I can take screenshots for ya.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, February 12, 2007 6:04 AM
Well I've got to be honest, I don't know much about HPT.

Owning a 96 myself, I knew right off the hop that HPT wouldn't work for me. (hence the EMS)

I basically need it to show RPM points vs Load Points in relation to spark advance. Is there any 1 map that can provide it?

Slow, I do have email, I'm not sure if I want to post it up here, I'll PM you.

Even a stock map would be a great start, as my Holley only came with basic tunes. (don't worry, I would never run it basic)

We use a spreadsheet

super basic example I quickly did up in excel (it doesn't reflect any actual numbers, merely an example)

Monday, February 12, 2007 10:26 PM
You can come by and check our Richard's basefile anytime you want Steve, just let me know.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 4:53 PM
oh snap.

forgot about rich's.

that'd be handy, thanks ian!

Monday, February 26, 2007 1:35 AM
Let me chime in here, i have stock maps for 2.2l from a 95 pcm, not sure if they will help but when i post the .ads and .xdf files your welcome to them. They will have more than just fuel maps, they are complete decrypted bins you can pull up all the maps and variables on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search