MegaSquirt = Mega Ideas!!! - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MegaSquirt = Mega Ideas!!!
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:31 PM
As some of you know I'm not new to tuning using MS at all, just never done it on a J or in a boosted application. Anyway, I'm going to be running it as a full standalone system and therefore have wondered about making a dual megasquirt setup with one running ignition and fuel (MS-II) and getting another MS1 or 2 and set it up on just fuel with chopped up maps to only bring in the second set of injectors while in boost. Basically making a MS1 port fueler. I just want to be able to tune my car to have a stock like idle and response down low where with huge injectors isn't very easy at all, rather near impossible. But again, there goes some inexperience since I've never run a boosted application so if I'm wrong tell me. Basically use stock or stock*150% injectors in the stock location and setup another fuel rail and injectors further back on the HO mani and run larger injectors there.

Anyway, what is your thoughts?
I really think its possible since I cant think of why it wouldn't work.

Re: MegaSquirt = Mega Ideas!!!
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:49 PM
Monday, February 19, 2007 2:28 PM
cool...thats what i get for never running an MS1 with extra code.........
Monday, February 19, 2007 3:29 PM
why not just run larger injectors?? the only reason some kits use dual injectors is because they don't have injector contol electronically.. My friend has 1000cc RC injectors in his neon and a mega squirt, it idles, starts, runs smooth, and gets good fuel milage on the highway.

not sure which board he is using, but he is also using launch control, and water/meth pulse injection.. pretty damn sweet!

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, February 19, 2007 6:40 PM
yeah no need to mess with any of that.. turn down fuel pressure a little and tune the injectors down you should have no problems what so ever

Monday, February 19, 2007 6:52 PM
Sounds good....o and by the way, that control is also native on the MS2...I dont know how many times I must have overlooked it......o well.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007 6:32 PM
Josh...
stock injectors for my car are 16 lbs/hr.

Current injectors are 52 lbs/hr.

Stock ecm, my tune, car idles like it's stock and behaves like a mild mannered factory ride.

For really large injectors make sure to use low impedance units for best response times. Although fuel atomization is better with more pressure, it's sometimes better to size injectors big then turn down pressure to aid response time at idle.

hth
-->Slow
Friday, February 23, 2007 8:28 PM
?

you say you have been working with ms for a long time?

btw if you want, you can do a port fueler setup with an ms easy, im talking like mad easy.

you set all of your constants to zero, disengage your warmup, basiclly get rid of all stock ecm features, and run the injectors at zero fuel injection until map goes over 100. then start uping the injecots for boost, all you have to hook up is the vac line the injectors, and a wideband. mad crazy easy homes.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Saturday, February 24, 2007 10:36 AM
Jcavi wrote:?

you say you have been working with ms for a long time?

Yup, but never in any boosted apps....just tuning small formula race cars......no injector staging needed so I never really put any thought into it. After some suggestions and poking around a little I found what I was overlooking.

Also, the way I thought of doing it was set up two separate fuel maps, and have a relay that only sends power to the second set of injectors above a predetermined RPM or boost level. Basically the same thing........but I'm going the single set of injector route first.
Monday, February 26, 2007 9:44 AM
Why buy a second megasquirt, see if the coding source community will work on it as an open source project to add a second set. The ms can drive 8 injectors, as well as 6, so why would you need a second unit?

Think of it this way, currently 6 injectors would be driven by crank timing, but to add an extra injector feature to drive 2 extras in boost only, and have them trigger off of the 1/4 injectors would be the way to go, or if you just want to add 4 extra you could do it no problem. I think you could even set your ms for 8 cyl mode and natively drive it, with adjusted maps.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:58 AM
^I dont need a second system as I thought. Your right on with the logic, what I missed was the dual maps with a pressure trigger which makes it possible. So, no second system needed.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search