# of boosted Eco's using HP? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
# of boosted Eco's using HP?
Sunday, February 04, 2007 8:19 PM
Hey everyone. I haven't posted in a while. Things have kinda been dormant through winter. Anyways Like the title states, I was wondering how many people there are out there using HP Tuners to control their Turboed/Supercharged Ecotec's?

I have been trying to read through all this information so I can understand everything and so I don't blow up my engine. But it is very scattered. In one thread someone says you can't raise the redline without problems. Yet in another thread it says it can be done. I know some are old, but it still worries me if there could be bugs in it.

So. If someone could please list some of the easier and more useful things Hp can do/change I would REALLY appreciate it. I have the aeromotive FPR to adjust fuel.

I DO want to get this. Hell, I even bought a damn laptop already. I have another engine in the basement and once it goes in the GM Reflash just won't cut it. but, just in case I do have the Gm reflash map sensor. but I just need some reassurance.

Is their anything else (map sensor) I need too?

(I'm a Newbie to boost and HP)

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch

Re: # of boosted Eco's using HP?
Sunday, February 11, 2007 1:48 PM
So ya finally got the turbo kit almost fully peiced together? =) Good to hear man. I know I still gotta get my car tuned for the nitrous... then get better tires so I dont spin so dang much! lol... keep me updated bro, peace!

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:07 PM
Listening....
Monday, February 19, 2007 1:43 PM
Once you get the reflash for the eco supercharger HPTuners gets locked out of the ECM and cannot be used. You can use it with an unflashed computer and fake a 2 bar tune, but this will only tune your timing and not your fuel.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 9:07 AM
um you can adjust fueling in hp tuners

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:51 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:um you can adjust fueling in hp tuners

I think he meant that you cannot alter fuel via the MAP signal that way.

Overall, though, not one person who replied to this point:
answered the question,
Is using it as he asked,
knows the answer to what he asked.

I have used HP on Airtonics car, but the car is SC and basically acts like it just has a bigger engine from the aspect of tuning it. So it was no big issue to do unlike a turbo that spools up at various random times.

sig not found
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search