HPTuners....where to start??? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPTuners....where to start???
Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:34 PM
Okay fellaz, I finally got my HPTuners package after returning home last weekend after my year long deployment to Iraq. I installed the program and scanned the car and got my parameters and such. The thing that really got me is....where to start? I have the GM Supercharger for my 2.4L Cavy. I am wanting to tune the car without having to change the PCM out for the 00+ just because of the speed density issue. I know it will be a little harder to tune this way, but i just dont want to mess with the electrical portion of the car.

So, here i ask....

Where do i start for the Boost? Also, what's the Injector Constant for the 310cc injectors? Could i just open the GM S/Cer reflash and copy and paste the values into my tuning file? If so, which parameters should i change? If you haven't noticed i'm pretty lost and need a little bit of help with this....

Thanks in advance.

NEW SIG COMING SOON FOR 07'!!!

Re: HPTuners....where to start???
Wednesday, February 21, 2007 6:56 PM
Listening.....

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Wednesday, February 21, 2007 7:06 PM
Start with the FAQ's on the link under my sig, then the FAQ at the top of this forum, and the FAQ's on the HPT forums. That'll get you more than going.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:23 AM
Hey Luke, long time no see brother!

Okay, i read the links nd such, and i'm pretty positive i know how to fake the 2 Bar, but i still am lost. I apologie for my stupidity in this, but where am i suppoed to fake the 2 Bar? In PE right? Also, there's alot of unanswered questions on the 4cyltuner.com forums. One of them to be mine that i posted almost a year ago. On the topic about VE Tuning the easy way... it's still un answered whether it actually ork or not. There're people saying that it didn't work like they thought it would, so i'm not going to wste my time trying to do something that others say doesn't work...

If someone could please help me out with this...just kind of show me a step by step kind of way (kind of like a kindergardener.) All i'm trying to do is have my car running nicely with the stock GM S/C'er boost and it doesn't have to be perfect...just to get me started and just show mme the way to the road so i can continue on myself.

So, wopuld this actually work? Yes or No about the copy and pasting of the GM Reflash file?

Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:42 AM
you could check the repository, there has to be more than 1 that has been already converted, you could use that as a baseline.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:59 AM
Brian Mooney wrote: have to be perfect...just to get me started and just show mme the way to the road so i can continue on myself.

So, wopuld this actually work? Yes or No about the copy and pasting of the GM Reflash file?

No

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:58 AM
Yea, i didn't really think it would work either, but it was worth the question. Does anyone know of anyone who's tuned there 99 Cavy with the blower using HPTuners? I only see one tune like that on HPtuners website, and it's a 00+ so it wouldn't work for my car anyways....

Friday, February 23, 2007 9:39 AM
I've tuned one, but since I run tuning as a business, I don't typically give it away. I'd sell it to ya though...

Friday, February 23, 2007 2:17 PM
Shifted wrote:I've tuned one, but since I run tuning as a business, I don't typically give it away. I'd sell it to ya though...
x2.... On a side note, people should really read the FAQs and the other info Ron (Shifted) has posted. The info found is very good info that he did as a courtesy to help some of the newbs to tuning....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search