HPTuners VCM - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HPTuners VCM
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:36 AM
What has everyone's experience been with the VCM suite offered by HPtuners. I have a NA 98 Z24 with pretty much every bolt-on, I plan to use the chip to alter the a/f ratio (I am running too rich), raise the rev limiter by 300 rpm and possibly adjust the fuel type so that the car runs on premium (91-93 octane). Has anyone tried this on an NA 2.4L? Let me know your thoughts and the type of settings you have used.

Thanks for the info.

Re: HPTuners VCM
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:55 AM
well... i'll let you know how mine turns out. my car is also a 98z24 with every bolt on. shifted is tuning mine as we speak. he's setting it up so premium is a must.

of course, thats using hptuners...

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:06 AM
SonicZ24 wrote:What has everyone's experience been with the VCM suite offered by HPtuners. I have a NA 98 Z24 with pretty much every bolt-on, I plan to use the chip to alter the a/f ratio (I am running too rich), raise the rev limiter by 300 rpm and possibly adjust the fuel type so that the car runs on premium (91-93 octane). Has anyone tried this on an NA 2.4L? Let me know your thoughts and the type of settings you have used.

Thanks for the info.

Its a great package, but it doesn't quite work the way you are thinking. You can't just set the A/F ratio and you can't just set the gas type. You can, however, modify the VE tables to achieve your desired A/F ratio, and you can modify your spark tables so that you can run your desired octane. Its also not a chip, and there aren't "settings" as such, there are tables you modify.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:02 AM
The rev limiter can be adjusted though, correct?
Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:10 PM
Yes

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search