Auto Trans Question 4t40 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Auto Trans Question 4t40
Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:28 PM
Alright, I have a Auto Trans Interceptor, but would like to get rid of it. I also have HPT, and know the program can do the same thing as the ATI, but only when under WOT. How would I set that up?

Re: Auto Trans Question 4t40
Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:11 AM
I asked the same question a few threads down and got havnt gotten an answer yet...I would also like to know. I messed with a few things but cant get it right, when the trans had a firm shift it held out 1st gear til 4000 rpm no matter how light my foot was on the gas and that was annoying.

Monday, June 04, 2007 3:40 PM
well, my VCM is tuned with HPT and im having issues with the car reaching the new 6700 rpm rev limter before it shifts at WOT. IMO... if you dont know what your doing, im not so sure its a good thing to be messing with a any of that stuff. im hoping by just raising the rev limiter to 7000 that it remedy's it and it has enough time to shift.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, June 04, 2007 3:40 PM

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 7:46 PM
Under 'trans'> 'shift propeties'> change your "shift pressure" and "desired shift time" settings.

Raising the shift pressures does about the same as the intercepter, Raising it in slight jumps over all the table should get your where you want to go. Just highlight the whole table and put a multplyer inthe the upper box like 1.15 and hit the multply X and give it a try.

Shortening the shift times can make it "chirpier" but it does no good to command shorter than .150-ish because it can't shift faster than that no matter what is commanded.

sig not found
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:28 PM
I know it's an old post . How high can you safely raise the shift pressure with the multiplier Todd?

Windy City TurboZ
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:48 PM
Also Todd, if I lower the (desired shift time) to .150ish / from say 160 ft lb. and up , and leave the lower half of the table alone, will it only shift faster when at full throttle? I would like it to drive and shift normal under normal torque loads so I was just wondering if that makes sense at all?

Windy City TurboZ
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:55 PM
Subscribed and listening..

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, March 13, 2010 10:53 AM
OK Todd Miller is M.I.A. anybody else have an answer for us?

How high can you safely raise the shift pressure with the multiplier Todd?

if I lower the (desired shift time) to .150ish / from say 160 ft lb. and up , and leave the lower half of the table alone, will it only shift faster when at full throttle? I would like it to drive and shift normal under normal torque loads so I was just wondering if that makes sense at all?

Windy City TurboZ
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:07 PM
Like usual , no @!#$ answers from anyone. THIS FORUM IS USELESS .

Windy City TurboZ
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 6:18 PM
who the heck is todd?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:04 PM
haha . He is a well known source of information. A very knowledgable guy who has done a lot for people on here. He isn't on here too much. Todd Miller of Miller Performance.

Windy City TurboZ

Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:24 AM
Dragracemyz24 wrote:haha . He is a well known source of information. A very knowledgeable guy who has done a lot for people on here. He isn't on here too much. Todd Miller of Miller Performance.
Unfortunately to many JBO retards ran him off.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search