Coming soon... - Page 14 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Coming soon...
Friday, June 06, 2008 1:02 AM
BTW let me just say I am really excited about this project.

I want to get you in contact with Mark Mansur, the creator of tunerpro. I really think if you work with him, you can build a module to incorporate your pcm tuning into
tunerpro with some ease.

And shifted, this pcm has the capability to be larger than the J community. With programmable inputs/outputs you could port this unit to any car out there.

Thats big $$$ and your going to be rich.

I had thought about doing this a while back, but have other projects brewing.

Lemme know if i can test a unit for you, i'd be glad to run one. Also, i'll see if my line on pcm connectors is still good, I originally purchased a few sets back when
i was doing swap out pcm's and got them for about 10 bucks a set.

Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:11 PM
Any updates?

2004 Cavalier coupe, 5 speed, White
GO
Hahn Stage 2, Eagle rods, Wiseco 8.9, SS Valves, Dual valve springs, valve job, Ti seats and retainers
spec stage 3, Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel, Short Shifter
Slotted and dimpled rotors, EBC green stuff
SHOW
VIS EVO CF hood, KOBE KAM 5 17", Nexxen N3000, Ebay Black tails and filler, 5% tint
Gold line springs, Tokiko D-spec struts
ELECTRONICS
Kenwood in-dash DVD and Navigation, single Kicker CompVR
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2974835
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:50 PM
bump

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:20 PM
Sorry I haven't updated this. I'm still actively working on it every chance I get, but I've been on back-to-back-to-back business trips over the past couple weeks and I'm about to leave for one again. Still a very active project but I'm not giving any deadlines or promises. Hopefully I will post some new schematics by this time next week of the completed ECU. After that I'll spend a few days (of course that'll take many days) doing board layout, then we can get down to the software side.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:49 PM
I just couldn't let it go off the first page of the forum.

Since i'm here, Any updates?

Saturday, July 19, 2008 1:23 PM
I'm gonna have to bump this. I've been thinking of all the possibilities and my mind just loves to wan......oh look, shiney things!

Monday, August 04, 2008 6:31 PM
how is it going?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:57 AM
This is complete BS. You have clearly lost interest in this project and will likely never finish it. Like every other J-Body guy you have found something more interesting and with alot more potential.
Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:34 PM
Its called a job, so get off my ass. In the very first post I stated that I might get busy with work and push it off. I work 80+ hours 7 days a week and I barely have time for sleep. I asked for help a long time ago on this project but not a single person stepped up. Now I'm working on things at work that will actually make me a lot of money. Do I ever plan on finishing this? Yes, is it going to be soon, probably not. Plus, theres a lot of people "interested" in the project, but when it comes time to pay up, who's going to drop $1k on this so that I pretty much break even? I have over $2k already sunk into this thing and I'm even more pissed off that I can't work on it when i pass by it on my desk on the way to bed each night.

I tell you what, if you want to match my salary (which I'm sure you can't), I'll stop everything on my job and work on this for you...

Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:12 PM
You doubt I can match your salary? I made $120 000.00 last year, is that close? Also, I have an 8" wang is that close?

Now with all the childish antics out of the way, when are you going to finish this, seriously? Quit being a d*&k tease and get on it. There are many people on this forum excited about this project, myself included. You can't sell a product before it's made, so the "who's going to drop $1k on this so that I pretty much break even?" comment is useless without your tuning product.

Tough love is better than no love, yah know.
Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:20 PM
Ron - I want to thank you for all the PM's and posts that you helped my with. I have moved on to a SRT, but I am sure you will have a whole bunch sold once they come out.

JS - F #$ K off, kidding, but seriously, it takes time and money to make something like that

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, August 23, 2008 3:45 PM
I'm not going to be posting my salary around, but no, that's not close.

Quote:

Now with all the childish antics out of the way, when are you going to finish this, seriously? Quit being a d*&k tease and get on it.

I will get on it when my job allows me to get on it. I make a lot of money and I'm not going to jeopardize that by trying to please you.

Quote:

You can't sell a product before it's made, so the "who's going to drop $1k on this so that I pretty much break even?" comment is useless without your tuning product.

You've been a member a whole year, congrats. I've been here for 6... I'm a moderator on this forum and I've helped greatly with numerous businesses here including CarCustoms and A-Plus. Now looking back through what I've seen on this forum is everybody is extremely excited for a quality product to come out, and 100 people are interested, but when it comes time to pony up the cash to get whatever they want made, nobody comes through. Look at Gravana trying to raise money to reproduce the Drift kit in Urethane... They needed 100 orders, they were willing to front for 50 of the orders themselves. When they announced they were thinking of getting it made, there was a post longer than this one about how many people were "ready to order", when Gravana put up the group purchase, they didn't even get 5.

That same scene has been replayed numerous times throughout the forums, for turbo headers, turbo kits, body kits, headlights, interior items, etc and not once can I say it ever worked. Now before you go thinking I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, I have a degree that cost more than your (and my) salary in Business from a very reputable private school, along with a minor in finance (among other minors). I'm also the 3rd person in charge at a $10+ million /year company so I know a bit about how things work.

Berating me isn't going to inspire me to get this done, I'll get it done when the hell I feel like it and not a moment sooner. If you can't live with that, go buy an AEM, Tec-3, MegaSquirt, or any other number of engine management units out there.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:03 PM
shifted for prez....

Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:10 PM
On a much more serious note... J S makes over 100K a year and still drives a cavalier. Shifted will get to it when he gets to it.

Further more Shifted is correct just get something else.

Darryn

2004 Cavalier coupe, 5 speed, White
GO
Hahn Stage 2, Eagle rods, Wiseco 8.9, SS Valves, Dual valve springs, valve job, Ti seats and retainers
spec stage 3, Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel, Short Shifter
Slotted and dimpled rotors, EBC green stuff
SHOW
VIS EVO CF hood, KOBE KAM 5 17", Nexxen N3000, Ebay Black tails and filler, 5% tint
Gold line springs, Tokiko D-spec struts
ELECTRONICS
Kenwood in-dash DVD and Navigation, single Kicker CompVR
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2974835
Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:24 AM
I drive an EVO X, I OWN a Cavalier.

I have been a member for a year using this user name, I have been here alot longer than 1yr...

I was not trying to berate you, I was joking around and unfortunately, nobody here has a sense of humour. I am more than aware of your contributions to the J body community? Coming soon.....in my opinion isn't 1 or 2 years later.
Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:37 AM
Yeah, after Shifted and others have put you in your place, now all of the sudden you claim you were joking around. Grow the $%#k up and GTFO.

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:54 AM
J S wrote:I drive an EVO X, I OWN a Cavalier.

I have been a member for a year using this user name, I have been here alot longer than 1yr...

I was not trying to berate you, I was joking around and unfortunately, nobody here has a sense of humour. I am more than aware of your contributions to the J body community? Coming soon.....in my opinion isn't 1 or 2 years later.

I could Kick your ass.

True story, ask anyone who knows me.

and its not our fault you got a modern "DSM"

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:13 PM

"I could Kick your ass" Let me get this straight, I post something on a forum, you don't like what I say, and out of the clear blue you tell me that you can kick my ass. Are you replying to this thread from jail? Or, are you still in High School, and you lied in your profile. If your background is in the military police like you claim, than you should seriously consider how you conduct yourself to people you don't even know.

Guys, bottom line. I was "razzing" shifted in an attempt to see if he was serious about finishing this project. If you don't like what I said, too bad. I thought some of the comments that were made (both ways), are funny, but I didn't realize that it was such a "sensitive" subject for everyone here.

@!#$!ng lighten up guys.
Monday, August 25, 2008 8:51 PM
Taetsch Z-24 deals with people like you all the time. How do I know this? I am in the military as well, the Navy though. I am stationed on an Amphib and we have Marines on their as well. Just to let you know about something Shifted (aka Ron), is a very well respected individual here on this forum. I do not give a damn if you were just razzing him or not, what gives you the right to say that he basically has not been doing anything on this project at all? Sure you may make 6 figures a year, but judgeing from your posts, you are not all that bright. If you think that you can do better then by all means try and do so! Excuse shifted because he gives a crap about his job, and has been busy with providing for himself. So before you go razzing people, you might want to do you homework first. Just in case if you can not read, and obviously you can not or did not, shifted did say that he maybe getting caught up at work from time to time as he is working crazy hours.
Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:26 AM
razzing or not razzing. you have no right to being a dick to someone that has put so much time into this org. i work 70+ hours a week and make nowhere near 100k a year! its hard and discuraging when you dont even have time to look at your car sitting on jack stands, let alown to work on the dang thing!!
Monday, September 01, 2008 7:27 PM
So it's going to be around $1,000?

BTW, Ron are you still doing HP tuners? I may need you to help us tune my car in a few months after I get some stage 2 cams. Kind of what we did at the Sugar Land mod day a while back.

Monday, September 01, 2008 7:38 PM
Its looking like that... I'm starting a bit of an experiment in the car ECU world I think, I'm going to try to run my car on Linux...

Get a hold of me when it gets closer to the time, I still have all the HPT stuff, hopefully the tune goes better for you though, Eco's are temperamental.

Monday, September 01, 2008 8:19 PM
Yeah, I heard Tyler had some problems after we did his install. I may decide to rent out a dyno to do some fine tuning.

Anyway thanks, I will be in touch.
Monday, September 01, 2008 8:22 PM
Shifted wrote:I'm going to try to run my car on Linux...

SOLD!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 4:01 PM
Any particular reason you chose Linux? Is this a "if people want to use Linux INSTEAD of XP/Vista"? Or is this a "It may only be open to Linux users"?

or does you running your car on Linux have nothing to do with the project and your just having some fun?

I know i've got a bunch of questions already but i was also wondering, on the grand scale of things...about what percentage of this replacement ecu is completed/left to be finished?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search