Turning off air/fuel control on HP Tuners - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turning off air/fuel control on HP Tuners
Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:56 AM
I have a question. IM looking at buying HP Tuners so I can add a turbo kit to my car. I have a air/fuel controller that is really advanced and I was wodnering if i could turn off the air/fuel control on HP Tuners and leave that to the advanced air fuel controlller? I know nothing about hp tuners but i would like to use it for the timing control, rev limiter and transmission control and not for air/fuel control.

Re: Turning off air/fuel control on HP Tuners
Sunday, July 15, 2007 12:30 PM
Quote:

I have a air/fuel controller that is really advanced

what is it?

Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:21 PM
My friend is experimenting with it on his car. It is a Company called MAP ECU. They have two versions, the first one is the one im getting for air & fuel control. It has a built in 2 bar MAP sensor, 8000 RPM limit and over 374 points of fuel adjustment. It doesn't control timing and others things HP Tuners does thats whhy i want to combine the two. Skwirl is this possible to turn off the fuel control on HP tuners and only use the timing and other controls?
Sunday, July 15, 2007 3:07 PM
No, but you can just unhook the injectors and put large resistors in the wires (size depends on year of car), then it will think the injectors are still there, but just control timing.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search