emanage and timeing? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
emanage and timeing?
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:27 PM
i was just woundering how is the emange for controling timeing, would you recommend using the emange alone oor using the emanage and msd dis 2, or any other suggestions, it would be for a 98 2.4, thanks

Re: emanage and timeing?
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:15 PM
Well if you're using the e-manage mainly for changing the timing, I would get rid of it if you have an MSD DIS-2. The MSD DIS-2 gives you the ability to change the timing while giving you a better spark.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:40 AM
i will be using the emanage for fuel, i was woundering if i will need to buy msd for timeing, or is the emanage good enough?
Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:32 AM
doubler wrote:i will be using the emanage for fuel, i was woundering if i will need to buy msd for timeing, or is the emanage good enough?

Before you decide to use the e-manage for fuel management, ask the 2.4 guys how it does under boost.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:37 AM
I was thinking of using those two things too. I am interested. But i was only used the MSD only for extra spark power and the emanage for everything else. Would that work? Or would something else work better?

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:05 PM
Be careful, on certain years (pre 99 or pre 2K. I can't remember) people are having issues getting their emange to work because the injectors are low impedence. There is a thread in here somewhere about that....here it is ->LINK - CLICK ME!!

Otherwise, with regards to timing, I haven't had my car dyno tuned yet (Within a month - waiting to get my header so I can get it installed before tuning) so I can't speak to it from personal experience, but from what I've heard from my mechanic, who uses it religiously, it is sufficent.

Snosh
Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:17 PM
i know the emanage has problems with 98, i will be switching to a 99 knock sensor and haveing the 98 flashed to a 99, so i can use high impedence injectors.
Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:19 PM
You have a 98 so you can reflash you ecu to the 99.

The impedence on pre 98 is somewhat of a problem for the emanage so your best bet would be to switch to the 99 ecu, to go with a system that is known to work.

I would recommend megasquirt however, a little cheaper and does so much more. But if you do decide on emanage, the msd dis 2 would be good to control some timing and get the multiple spark discharge, however the multiple spark is only good to 3000 rpms.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search