Emanage ultimate vs. Megasquirt - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Emanage ultimate vs. Megasquirt
Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:13 PM
Right now i have a adj fpr and an fmu with 42lb green top injectors. I dont like it i want to tune it with a laptop. My question is has anyone been looking at emanage ultimate. It has an option for a target a/r and i am not sure if ms has that ability or option. I kinda just want some head to head comparision from people who have had either. Im looking for some input mainly from shifted, spotabee, njhk, etc... people with some experience in ms or emanage. Id like pros and cons of each. Id appreciate the info thanks guys!

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Re: Emanage ultimate vs. Megasquirt
Sunday, January 01, 2006 7:50 PM
Take your time to learn the megasquirt its a better set up than the e=manage hands down.

The e-manage has troubles with the J-body computer specificly 2004 and up. Really all it does from what I can remember is modify the signal and is modify signals, the J- ecu is still free to pull injector pulse width, etc.

The megasquirt takes the Ecu out of the loop and gives you complete control over your injectors. If the ecu isnt happy *via imput from the second O2 sensor* it has no real recourse over the injectors. If you look around the org there are a few people that are nice enugh to supply you with base fuel maps too.

The e manage is a glorified piggy back whereas the megasquirt is a true stand alone. *for about the same price*

"Go Before Show Yo."
CARCUSTOMS.NET, THE BEST SERVICE ON THE ORG!!!
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:53 PM
sweet thanks how much is the ms 2 with the ignition control and all accessories to install and tune? it seemed to be like 600. just curious.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, January 02, 2006 12:21 AM
Respooled2k3 wrote:sweet thanks how much is the ms 2 with the ignition control and all accessories to install and tune? it seemed to be like 600. just curious.

yea that sounds about right.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 02, 2006 2:14 AM
Anyone have maps????

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, January 02, 2006 5:34 AM
This is a good place to get megasquirt products assembled'

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/index.php

I know that DJ XXXXX I cant remember his name posted his maps for a boosted ecotec at one point.

"Go Before Show Yo."
Monday, January 02, 2006 5:36 AM
Heres the old thread.
You may want to try mailing this guy and asking him nicely.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=81502&t=81448#81502

"Go Before Show Yo."
Monday, January 02, 2006 5:44 AM
megasquirt @!#$s on emanage.

id never pay 1000 for a piggyback system.
Monday, January 02, 2006 10:32 PM
Monday, January 02, 2006 11:05 PM
Yea... there is another Megasquirt vs E-manage thread on here. Not very old either.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:56 AM
OK if you read the thread a little closer you will see the difference i read that thread and it is not the same. This is a new emanage that has recently come out. Not emanage blue. This emanage has a bunch of new features such as target afr. I did search and found nothing so i warranted this thread but thank you for the information . I do use the search button all the time

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search