for 97-99 pcms or with out s/c flash, anyone having trouble getting enough fuel - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
for 97-99 pcms or with out s/c flash, anyone having trouble getting enough fuel
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 8:33 PM
right now a buddy of mine has his ga at the shop, fully built 2.4 and fully built 4t40e, the shop and i are using my hpt for the tune. the pcm is a grand am pcm and under ve area there is no ve offset like most of u see on our cavy pcms. changing injector constants to idle the 650cc's worked great to have the car idle, but into boost we ran into no more increase in the ve cells it maxxed out at 110 ve therefor no more fuel for us

so one thing we decided to do was scrap lettin the car know it has 650's and put the injector constant back to normal( well almost.. right now its about halfway between stock and the one we should be running for the 650's) and we reduced all the ve cells in the idle and anything that would relate to when the car would need less fuel from the now should be flooding injectors. the ga is idleing fine and we hit 20lbs of boost and it holds a steady afr and doesnt run out of fuel. now we are having probs with the stock map she dont like 20lbs, we have a 3 bar map on the way, as well as plenty of more tuning. right now it is very crude and we were just trying to figure out how we can get it to work, but its looking decent, not exactly perfect to where i wish he would just wire the car for 00 pcm so we can use the s/c flash but we will see how this goes

id like to hear what others have tried or if any have tried this method also id like to hear what problems everyone has run into with their fuel tuning specifically for 97-99 pcms or those without the s/c flash

also anyone still running stock 1 bar map without the comp freakin out, we tried a check valve to stop it from seeing boost or anything other than vacuum but hpt logged it hitting 104kpa still... im still wondering if it was installed correctly cuz the map should of seen straight 0 when we hit it but idk the shop owner said YES!! ITS INSTALLED THE RIGHT WAY!!!.... i kinda made him mad i questioned everything cuz i was trying to find what was wrong, i believe i had the right when i show up and they have the bov hooked up wrong and it wasnt blowin off... not the owners fault, he knows what he is doing but i was trying to rule out everything

Re: for 97-99 pcms or with out s/c flash, anyone having trouble getting enough fuel
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:47 AM
Did you guys try raising the VE offset above 10? This allows for more fuel to be added in the VE...

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Re: for 97-99 pcms or with out s/c flash, anyone having trouble getting enough fuel
Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:33 PM
right now a buddy of mine has his ga at the shop, fully built 2.4 and fully built 4t40e, the shop and i are using my hpt for the tune.the pcm is a grand am pcm and under ve area there is no ve offset like most of u see on our cavy pcms.changing injector constants to idle the 650cc's worked great to have the car idle, but into boost we ran into no more increase in the ve cells it maxxed out at 110 ve therefor no more fuel for us

ya when he asked if id let him use my hpt i asked him a million times is it a 97 cavy pcm, he promised me "yes it is, the motor, trans, pcm and wiring harness is out of a 97 cavalier, i just wanted to know so id register model/year of 97 cavys if he woulda told me no its a ga pcm id of said just do the 2 credits for ur car, but he said yep its a 97 cavy pcm... not true now that he wasted 6 of my credits to register model/year like i told him to do since i was told it was a 97 cavy pcm, now ive got a model/year license to 97 grand ams !!!!!!!!
but ya the missing ve offset was the first thing i noticed when trying to add fuel, i was telling the shop owner im pretty sure something is missing on this tune that we need, so maybe ill flash over my stock 97 cav os if he wants to try it that way, hopefully all is compatible

Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:25 PM
Why didn't you read the PCM before licensing it? Could have saved you your credits and all this hassle...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Friday, August 31, 2007 5:43 PM
Send an email to JimmyCz24. He did my supercharger tune and I am having no problems. I am still using the stock 1 bar sensor without the computer freaking out and I have plenty of fuel.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
Friday, September 07, 2007 7:52 PM
i wasnt there for the licensing part, i was at work, just let him have the cable so the shop could tune it. i asked him a million times is it a cavy pcm or ga, and he kept saying the whole wiring and pcm was out of a cavalier z24... i was like ok... and we seem to be ok atm, my internet has been down so i havnt been on here , im gonna try and flash over the ga pcm with my stock 97 cavy os and see if it works.
also we wired in a 3 bar and she seems to be doin ok atm, today she hit 289 at the wheels on only 6* spark advance and we havnt got too crazy on fine tuning anything just trying to pick up a steady afr

Saturday, September 08, 2007 12:08 AM
Jebus!!! can you provide a link to this build? i'd really like to check it out.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance
Monday, September 10, 2007 7:37 PM
no link to his build, just a buddy of mine. i wasnt at the shop today but there is progress, he is well over the 300 mark now, he just told me he is gonna look for a bigger wastegate spring cuz he is ready for more.

also idk what is going on with his comp(laptop not pcm) and hptuners, but i took my 97 auto cav file with the ve offset and transferred it from my pc to his laptop and bam!! it was gone, ve offset wasnt there when i looked into the editor, so he must have a different hpt update idk whats wrong its the same update just he downloaded his just 2-3 weeks ago and i dont even remember when i downloaded mine

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search