Management for big power? Emanage users inside! - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Management for big power? Emanage users inside!
Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:46 PM
Well just wondering what you built guys are running for management? I'm hoping to make around 400whp this spring and am stuck on management. I was looking at the new emanage and wondering if anyone is using that or has heard anything about it... Standalone is a little too pricey for me at this point. I've looked at megaquirt, emanage, and hptuners (if it ever comes out). Opinions on each?

z24 aint afraid of no ecotec

Re: Management for big power? Emanage users inside
Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:31 PM
EManage is a great tool to have, it can do such a variety of different things, but make sure you reflash your ECU to the 99 because us lower year'd jbodies are having some slight trouble tuning the EManage because of the impedence of the injectors.

Megasquirt is a great tool to have too, it eliminates alot of things so that you can fully control them, only problem there is you have to build it yourself and pretty much start from scratch, dont know how well you are with tuning and such, but I know DJ Ruiz has gotten some great things from the Megasquirt, but I think I can recall him saying he wished he would have stayed with the EManage from all the hassle.

And the Megasquirt is alot cheaper.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 11:33 PM
Jay wrote:EManage is a great tool to have, it can do such a variety of different things, but make sure you reflash your ECU to the 99 because us lower year'd jbodies are having some slight trouble tuning the EManage because of the impedence of the injectors.

Its the Driver it doesn't like..... it could care less about your injectors

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, November 21, 2005 12:45 AM
Mega squirt Cheaprer smater better!

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Monday, November 21, 2005 1:02 AM
Jay wrote:Megasquirt is a great tool to have too, it eliminates alot of things so that you can fully control them, only problem there is you have to build it yourself and pretty much start from scratch,

Actually, for a bit more money you can buy a built kit but it's still a little work to install it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:05 AM
here ya go

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, November 21, 2005 12:49 PM
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:here ya go

Any more information on this? User friendly? Do you have to tell them what you want when they assemble it?

Monday, November 21, 2005 3:19 PM
I have a megaSquirt that I built myself, but I fried the board when I put it in my car. I am going to buy a complete MSV3 some time next week, so that way I dont fry the damn board again.
Monday, November 21, 2005 3:45 PM
^^ check your wiring. if you wire it wrong you will fry the board again. doesn't matter if its pre assembled or not.

check out RS-autosports for a pre made wiring harness that i heard makes this 100x easier.

I am also currently using Megasquirt, but i'm still naturally aspirated because MS is giving me a little trouble. To tell you the truth, it is a BIG hassle but the learning expierence is great.

there is a few things avaible to make megasquirt easier to install. i was dumb and thought i could do it by my self, which i did now, but i also fried one board and had to order another.

but over all i love the features and tuning of it. and if you read this Megasquirt tuning

there is a couple people working on getting MS Ignition to work with the GM DIS also. (i will be one of those people hopefully next spring)

Monday, November 21, 2005 4:23 PM
FYI, there is somebody already running an MS on a 6 cyl GM DIS camaro.. It's almost old news now.. But we'll get it working for our cars.. the information is there the know-how is there, its just gonna take someone to volunteer and wire it up.. Prolly won't be me since I'm looking at an inspection soon + winter and no garage to work in anymore, so we'll see...

Monday, November 21, 2005 4:49 PM
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:
Jay wrote:Megasquirt is a great tool to have too, it eliminates alot of things so that you can fully control them, only problem there is you have to build it yourself and pretty much start from scratch,

Actually, for a bit more money you can buy a built kit but it's still a little work to install it.

no he meant the fuel maps my silly chocolate brother

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 21, 2005 5:16 PM
Does megasquirt change fuel maps depending on boost? I bought an afc but i am having doubts on tuning should i go to megasquirt? What is the differences between megasquirt and emanage. I see 2 megasquirt units which one should i get. I have 42lb injectors adj fpr a 255lph pump. I want to run like 4psi normal driving and then i have an ebc to change to 14psi. What would you guys recommend for my setup?

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Monday, November 21, 2005 6:02 PM
Megasquirt changes fuel according to the map reading and the rpm, alot like the afc, but it has its own MAP sensor (2.5 bar Map sensor) instead of hacking into your stock map sensor..

Monday, November 21, 2005 9:53 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
Jay wrote:EManage is a great tool to have, it can do such a variety of different things, but make sure you reflash your ECU to the 99 because us lower year'd jbodies are having some slight trouble tuning the EManage because of the impedence of the injectors.

Its the Driver it doesn't like..... it could care less about your injectors

Thanks alot Brian!!

I hope you blow your tranny's up!

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:14 PM
98redcavz24 wrote:
Spotabee Racing (The Fake Z24) wrote:here ya go

Any more information on this? User friendly? Do you have to tell them what you want when they assemble it?

Nope. It's ready to go. I talked to Phil (QBE) about the ignition setup, as the site says it is compatible for one coil, but it will work fine with both coils. It's what I am for sure using to tune my next motor when it's done.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:30 AM
QBE (73H 800573D 0N3) wrote:
NJHK (Sexual Chocolate) wrote:

no he meant the fuel maps my silly chocolate brother

Whoops...my bad lol

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 4:33 AM
Quote:

I bought an afc but i am having doubts on tuning should i go to megasquirt?

Yes.

Quote:

What is the differences between megasquirt and emanage.

Main difference is that the E-manage is a piggyback unit. It tries to alter your oem computer settings to your specs...depending on the computer it's hooked up to, might cause alot of conflict. The Megasquirt units are a standalone fuel management system. It basically doesn't involve the oem computer anymore.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:13 AM
The SAFC is the worst tuning method ever invented, especially for use in a turbo car. I'd go with either an E-manage or a Megasquirt

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:57 AM
Or.. if hptuners EVER comes out

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:40 AM
98redcavz24 wrote:Or.. if hptuners EVER comes out

I'm not worried about it. I'm going to have more control with megasquirt, plus I am sick of waiting

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:31 PM
Correct me if im wrong is megasquirt stand alone or piggy back. Right now im gonna tune with the adj fmu and adj fpr along with the afc tweaking 100% throttle but im looking into megasquirt. I have seen to much @!#$ about emanage to even look at it. Im really interested in how many people are running megasquirt. Just want to get some more info on it before i drop 600 bucks on @!#$.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:11 PM
ditto

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:28 PM
Respooled2K3 wrote:Correct me if im wrong is megasquirt stand alone or piggy back.

I'll quote myself...

NJHK wrote:The Megasquirt units are a standalone fuel management system. It basically doesn't involve the oem computer anymore.

Respooled2K3 wrote:Im really interested in how many people are running megasquirt.

There are quite a few boosted Js with them. I know 2 that have them and love it. I just bought one off of Phil (QBE) and will be using it for my turbo setup for the beginning of January.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:16 PM
I have megasquirt on mine and love it. i would consider a wideband a must for tuning it. just putting the ms on my car i was able to pick up a few mpg and definately some power. the install isint as bad as you would think and it eliminates all the limitations associated with the stock pcm.

99 Turbo Sunfire GT | Ram 2500 | International Rollback | Mr Hanky the Suburban
Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:32 PM
^^ I agree. A wideband is a must-have when tuning your own car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search