ECM swap for turbo setup? Need opinions... - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECM swap for turbo setup? Need opinions...
Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:17 PM
Alright, as some of you know, I turbo'd my 97 2.4L grand am this past summer and I am still trying to work on the tune with hp tuners but I can only do so much since GM decided to control our high rpm ve tables in alpha N instead of making things a million times easier and controling them in speed density. I am to the point where I am looking into doing a 00-01 grand am ecm swap so I can use the s/c reflash but I need your opinions and help. I already have an ecm lined up and main harness as well but I know I need more than that. Since my car is a 97, it used the 4t60e unlike the newer ga's which use the 4t40e. Does anyone know if these two transmissions use the same connectors? Also, I am pretty sure that I am going to need to switch to the newer gauge cluster and all the wiring as well but am not possitive. I am also looking for information reguarding the bcm used in the newer cars since I do not have one.

So heres what I need so far:
-00-01 ECM
-main engine harness with all connectors
-BCM?
-00-01 Guage cluster?

Please give me some input guys and let me know if there is anything I'm missing. Thanks!

Brandon

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search