Need some feed back which route to go. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some feed back which route to go.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:53 AM
OK i have a 2005 cav 2.2 eco, i have a supercharger for it from a cobalt ss i made an adapter plate to mount the throttle body to the supercharge i even have the injectors to from the same engine. now i have a cylinder head i just had done like port and polish valve job, stock valve train, i'm planning to get a stage 1 or 2 cam as well. i have up graded my piston and rods on my builb motor. i been reading and some peolpe are doing the HP tuner , Greddy e-management, gm flash, what would be the best way i should go about doing this.
cause i getting really close to putting my motor in place but i dont wanna pull my motor out just yet until i find out whats the best way to go
about it, or should i just go and send it to a shop and have it dyno and tune for me, i'm hopeing to make at least 230 at that the wheel
casue the cobalt charge push at 8-12psi, I also have a header, hi flow cat and 2.5" exhuast already on the car. I just need ur guys input
thanks for the help.

Re: Need some feed back which route to go.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:37 AM
depends on what your looking for to be honest with you. if your adding cams, i wouldnt really suggest the GM reflash as its only setup for stock cams, but is setup to use a 2bar sensor (could be wrong).

HP Tuners is very good, and is useful if done properly. its limiting factor is the ECU itself. the ECU is only capable of so much.

Gready's E-Manage and Spectre's EMS Pro (no longer owned by Spectre, but originally developed by them) are some of the best and well priced options out there.

1997 Cavalier Z24
Bomz Short Ram Intake
Vibrant Cat-Back
KYB GR2 Struts
Goldline 1.75" Springs
RK Sport Upper Insert
RK Sport Lower Dogbone
Custom Tune by Shane @
innovativetuning@rogers.com

15.647 @ 88.02 MPH
Re: Need some feed back which route to go.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:27 PM
,,, hptuners hands down for s/c'ed applications.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search