HELP! 01 2.4 ecm (os does not match vin)? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP! 01 2.4 ecm (os does not match vin)?
Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:41 PM
i have been told that the 03+ ecm are locked after reflash and the 00-02 are not, but mine keeps coming up saying the os doesn't match the vin, 2 people very capable are lost at what the problem is , the dealer reflashed it to try and fix it that didn't work, and HP tuners say it might be a dealer error, and they can't help and haven't seen the problem before any ideas? It won't even let me get so far as to buy the credits. because of this issue ???? I and a few others have been trying to figure this out for over a year NO JOKE CHECK PAST POSTS! by me and another member or 2 with HPT. anyone have this problem or found a solution...i will pay! it's just pissing me off and making this car less fun everyday ;( and this is a very needed thing if you've looked at my build, not just doing it for @!#$s and giggles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, October 26, 2008 9:43 PM

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"

Re: HELP! 01 2.4 ecm (os does not match vin)?
Monday, October 27, 2008 5:49 AM
At this point I think your best bet is to get a new physical PCM, unlock it with HPT and toss a reflash VCM into it and start tuning.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, October 27, 2008 6:22 AM
mike thompson wrote:i have been told this as well, but mine keeps coming up saying the os doesn't match the vin, and i can't get anywhere.
Get a model year... It whould work fine after that.. I ran into a similar situation when convertig a LN2 to the LD9 SC reflash....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, October 27, 2008 7:02 AM
SweetnessGT wrote:At this point I think your best bet is to get a new physical PCM, unlock it with HPT and toss a reflash VCM into it and start tuning.

-Chris-

this is what i plan on doing...eliminate the dealer BS all together....now would you be able to help me out with the getting the reflash file? or know where i could get someone who does have it.

Monday, October 27, 2008 11:37 AM
Go to HPTuners.com and login.

Go to the tune repository and download the stock SC reflash. It'll only cost you to reflash the ecu, the download should be free.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:35 AM
If for what ever reason, you have to change ECM\PCM's, and you had it unlocked with HPT, the new Flashed ECM WILL NOT WORK with HTP, its error code says "vin error" but in truth the 2 PCM's Serial numbers don't match.

This is the 4th time i have heard of this. Brian (speedracer) has gone round and round with HPT, they don't care.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:59 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:If for what ever reason, you have to change ECM\PCM's, and you had it unlocked with HPT, the new Flashed ECM WILL NOT WORK with HTP, its error code says "vin error" but in truth the 2 PCM's Serial numbers don't match.

This is the 4th time i have heard of this. Brian (speedracer) has gone round and round with HPT, they don't care.

Chris
If you have a model/year license, this is no longer a problem..... I have ran into this before also...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:22 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:If for what ever reason, you have to change ECM\PCM's, and you had it unlocked with HPT, the new Flashed ECM WILL NOT WORK with HTP, its error code says "vin error" but in truth the 2 PCM's Serial numbers don't match.

Chris

I knew that if you changed PCM's you had to liscense the new one, but I do not understand why there would be a issue. Does HPT read the VIN from the ECU? I also understand what Cavattack is saying, but for someone like myself who has my 01 Z24 unlocked already (not a model year), if I have to change ECU's later for some reason I shoudl only have to spend 2 more credits to unlock the new ECU, then I culd load my current tune to the new ECU.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:35 PM
if youve unlocked one of that yr you will only have to use 5 credits to actually buy a model/yr. just go for it and call it a day. :/ sorry

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:43 PM
gmanz24 wrote:if youve unlocked one of that yr you will only have to use 5 credits to actually buy a model/yr. just go for it and call it a day. :/ sorry

I don;t understand why you should have to do that.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 5:21 AM
HPT needs the SN from the ECM... so you have to buy another 2 creds to flash it. the way around this is to buy the model year, yes, but its BS because you already paid for your car to get licenced....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 6:44 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:HPT needs the SN from the ECM... so you have to buy another 2 creds to flash it. the way around this is to buy the model year, yes, but its BS because you already paid for your car to get licenced....

Chris

No I understand that if you replace the ECU it will now not be liscensed. I'm ok with that. I'm referring to the problem the OP is having.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:52 AM
ya...and since i haven't bought any credits yet because it wont even let me get that far, i dont have that issue.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 8:15 AM
My tuner had mine and another he could not access. He had HPT try to fix it twice. Second time it worked. They also gave him BS that the PCM was fubar. Give the company a try or two. They should make it right. I was running my stock pcm (auto tranny) with a factory 5 speed Alero flash (needed after the swap). I had HPT and the dealer all confused but it worked out in the end.

Labrat
Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:49 AM
if your running the 00-02 pcm you should try to run the bcm also. that may be why its not letting you license it. its not seeing the correct coded bcm and its locking you out.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:43 AM
^^i'm running the stock pcm (with the gm reflash) and bcm that came with my 01 sunfire GT, i haven't changed anything yet.

Friday, November 07, 2008 4:40 AM
I think i know why now. Does GM Know your car has the GM reflash CAL ID installed?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Friday, November 07, 2008 6:32 AM
i would think so...it was flashed back to the stock setup and then reflashed to the sc program to try and correct any errors...(if there were any) and still no go.

i think i'm just going to get a stock pcm and do everything through HP tuners screw the reflash BS, just more money trying to figure out this S***

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search