Scaling 1000cc injector issues... advice? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Scaling 1000cc injector issues... advice?
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:44 AM
I'm running a set of Bosch high impedance 1000cc injectors on my turboed Cavalier with the 2.4L LD9 engine. I'm currently having issues getting the idle dialed in to a proper AFR and also having some issues right out of idle with the car wanting to bog.

My issue is the following... when doing the injector constant formula for the 1000's the constant looks as though it should be somewhere in the .08350 range, however that constant is nowhere near close... the car is incredibly lean and will not even start unless I bump up my idle VE tables a ton and it still wants to idle in the 18afr range. I currently have the constant set at .11250 and have still had to bump up my stock idle VE tables to get the car to idle but it is still a bit lean in the 15.5afr range. It's decent but not perfect and when stepping on the gas right out of idle the car seems to go lean and bog.

I'm just curious to hear some input hear... why would my injector constant be so wierd for these 1000's... in comparison I had my 720cc low imp injectors in the car and had a constant of .12500 and the car idle at 15.0 pretty consistantly.

I'm a bit stumped so any help is appreciated!

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports

Re: Scaling 1000cc injector issues... advice?
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:11 AM
not sure of your setup, but since i was doing the fake 2.5 bar and tried to use the correct constant, it wouldnt run until i bumped by VE tables up a lot. my offset is currently 99% and i use IPW vs VAC to tune fuel since the offset is maxed

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:20 PM
I believe I have fixed the issue with the help of Sunfighter The injector constant was totally whacked out and the numbers the PCM are requiring are incredibly off from the constant formula... the car now runs and idles at a steady 14.8-15 afr with no lean or bogging issues out of idle. I'm really hoping to get the car out for some preliminary tuning this weekend.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 8:40 PM
Glad to hear you got them running fine.....so lets hear it from all the people who say 1kcc injectors aren't a good idea and will idle like $hit? With HPT none-the-less the 1kcc's run eh? Good work. To the nah sayers....stfu!

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:01 PM
jimmy what constant did you end up with, my car idles fine with 1000cc

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:37 PM
My constant right now is at .14375 and that is with running the stock idle VE tables just smoothed out. The constant is just weird as hell to me but i'm thinking maybe because my injectors are the saturated high impedance 1000's they may be acting a bit differently. The car idles very smooth and the afr only moves a bit around the 14.8-15.1 range. The car does not stumble or go lean off throttle now either and the throttle response is great with the current setup and the LS1 tb

Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:17 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:jimmy what constant did you end up with, my car idles fine with 1000cc
I was going to say the same thing... Started up 1st time and ran like a champ! Glad you got it running Jimmy.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:11 AM
Thanks man, once I got the constant nailed down the car runs awesome. I must say i'm INCREDIBLY impressed with the Bosch 1000cc saturateds. The car idles smoother and more consistantly than my 720's ever did. I still have yet to do any boost tuning to it but i'm hoping to have it back together and on the ground this weekend and get the car out for some logs. My upper RPM fuel tables should be fairly decent but we shall see... 30psi and some race gas here I come!

Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:12 AM
where are you getting these 1000cc injectors, found out the poor 750's cant keep up and gotta go bigger

Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:14 PM
I got mine from T1 Race Development - http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/

They are Bosch saturated 1000cc high impedance injectors. They are pretty pricey but hey you gotta pay to play right?

Friday, April 24, 2009 2:05 PM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:I got mine from T1 Race Development - http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/

They are Bosch saturated 1000cc high impedance injectors. They are pretty pricey but hey you gotta pay to play right?

yeah i hear ya, speed costs $, how fast you wanna go lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search