Question on GMPP S/C flash - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question on GMPP S/C flash
Saturday, October 10, 2009 8:55 AM
Has anyone tried this flash with a turbo? Would it be possible as a base tune before real tuning is accomplished?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Re: Question on GMPP S/C flash
Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:03 AM
DSMskyline {Desert Tuners} wrote:Has anyone tried this flash with a turbo? Would it be possible as a base tune before real tuning is accomplished?

Yes. I tuned a twincharged LD9 with it. If you can use it I would suggest to. I see you are a 99, so if you get the flash you would loose some gauge functions. not sure if that is a issue for you or not.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 10, 2009 12:11 PM
John, thanks for the reply.
Ive been trying to look around and find out what gauge functions are no longer with the GMPP flash. Does it lock the ECU so it can not be tuned later?

If I understand the GMPP flash correctly that is uses a 2 bar map sensro it would allow me to run up to 14psi of boost. Is that correct? The car is dail driven and shouldnt see more than that anyway. I may just buy another ecu and have it flashed and keep my stock ecu on hand.

Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:18 PM
DSMskyline {Desert Tuners} wrote:John, thanks for the reply.
Ive been trying to look around and find out what gauge functions are no longer with the GMPP flash. Does it lock the ECU so it can not be tuned later?

If I understand the GMPP flash correctly that is uses a 2 bar map sensro it would allow me to run up to 14psi of boost. Is that correct? The car is dail driven and shouldnt see more than that anyway. I may just buy another ecu and have it flashed and keep my stock ecu on hand.

The GM reflash for the LD9 does not lock the ECU (it does for a Ecotec). You would need a 2 bar map sensor. With the reflash the ECU will read basicly 15psi, but you can run higher.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 11, 2009 11:37 AM
Sounds good so far! I may just have to do this to make my life easier. I thought I read somewhere that you cant use a 2 bar map sensor on a 97-99, I thought you had to fake it.

Thanks again John for all the help.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 12:06 PM
DSMskyline {Desert Tuners} wrote:Sounds good so far! I may just have to do this to make my life easier. I thought I read somewhere that you cant use a 2 bar map sensor on a 97-99, I thought you had to fake it.

Thanks again John for all the help.

If you use the reflash then you can use the 2 bar map sensor. You can use it regardless but it makes less sense unles your ECU can read boost. In stock form it can't.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 11, 2009 6:10 PM
Thank you, now I just need to find someone who can flash my ecu for me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search