unable to locate VCM error - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
unable to locate VCM error
Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:20 AM
I went to a local guy to tune the Cavaliers that he and his friend race at a couple of local dirt tracks ( 02-04 Ecotecs ). I hookup the cable to the first one and get an unable to locate VCM error. So I went to HP Tuners site for help and found this VCM error. While the car owner checked the fuses, I went to the next car and the same thing. WTF..so I go to a bone stock 04 Cavalier outside and I can download the PCM fine. Then I go to the 3rd ravalier ( 03 5spd ) and I can read and write to that VCM, but not the others. There was a blown cigarette lighter fuse on the first car. He checks all the other fuses and they are fine. I try to download again on his car and the same error. I emailed HPT and they replied that I make sure that Installed the drivers for the interface. If that was the case and I have a driver issue, why was I able to connect to my Cav, 2 Cav's on site, a GTO last year, and a Solstice??

Some background on the cars. The interiors are gutted except for the stock cluster, roll cage, and seat. 2 of the them are 5spds and one is an auto. I can connect to the VCM of all 3 cars and run the scanner and check for CEL's and read all the sensor info while the cars are running

Has anyone else seen this error before???

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life

Re: unable to locate VCM error
Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:47 AM
Check all Engine/Trans grounds....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Re: unable to locate VCM error
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 5:26 AM
QWK LN2 (needs an @ss whoopin) wrote:Check all Engine/Trans grounds....

Thanks Ryan. I will have the owner check those. HPT thinks there may have been a bug in my version ( 2.2.0 ) and to download the newest version.

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search