Cant unplug harness - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cant unplug harness
Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:19 PM
I'm in the process of pulling my harness while my motor is out so it is ready for the new harness (97+ ecu) but I can't unload the connection that is under the brake master cylinder. I pulled and pulled and it just wont budge. This is the connection I'm talking about. Any ideas?

"sometimes the respect is more important..."

Re: Cant unplug harness
Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:50 PM
7mm bolt on the dash side of the harness, it is in the center of the plug and
Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:07 PM
I just took that off last week. If you look closely (its pretty hard to get a good look at it) the metal bracket it mounts to has a slit in it, just pull really really hard in that direction and it will slide out. Theres no bolts or clips that need to be removed, just pull hard. Once its off the mount you will be able to unscrew the 7mm bolt on the back to seperate the harness.
Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:19 PM
Just be a man

Monday, October 18, 2010 7:55 AM
bradsk88 wrote:Just be a man

Haha I knew I forgot something!!! Yea I never saw a bolt but I'm sure that's what it is cause I got it out of the bracket. Thanks!!!

"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Monday, October 18, 2010 2:59 PM
Once you get the bolt loose it might take a little jiggliing and prying. Mine was kind of a pain. Figure it's been stuck together for 10+ years.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:21 AM
theres also a bracket holding it from the backside. its a pain, literally took me an hour to undo my first time.

Underdog Racing
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search