map and iat question - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
map and iat question
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:25 AM
Im currently have the reflash ecu and tmap sensor hooked up. The coming spring I plan to run larger injectors and get a good tune. Question is, should I leave the tmap in? Or pull it, and go back to the factory setup?

Re: map and iat question
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:26 AM
Can anyone answer this? I just not sure if I can leave the 2.5 bar gmpp tmap sensor in when I go back to stock ecu and have it tuned or do something else
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 8:36 AM
You can leave it in for the tune, Thats how QWK CAV (Ryan) did my m62 setup.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:32 AM
You need to talk to whoever is tuning the car.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 08, 2011 8:26 AM
Its easier to leave it in. No matter what you NEED to get iat and map from after the blower.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Saturday, October 08, 2011 8:43 AM
I figured it would be much easier to leave in especially since my manifold is drilled out to accept it and the wires are cut and soldered. I just wasn't certain of compatibility with the stock j ecu. And I'm most likely having it tuned by zzp once my work is done this winter
Sunday, October 09, 2011 4:57 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:You need to talk to whoever is tuning the car.
This. There are tuning quirks when doing a fake 2.5bar tune. Timing advance is not straightforward. Meaning what you are commanding in the advance tables is not really what you get on the street. Talk to who will be tuning the car and see if they have experience with it.

Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:31 AM
Ryan Thompson wrote:I figured it would be much easier to leave in especially since my manifold is drilled out to accept it and the wires are cut and soldered. I just wasn't certain of compatibility with the stock j ecu. And I'm most likely having it tuned by zzp once my work is done this winter
Have you talked to ZZP about tuning it? They are used to different OS PCM's that do not require "Fake" or Alpha N tuning....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:09 AM
Not yet. wont be tuning till spring. Still trying to see if someone local to me who has experience will do it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search