what exactly do i need ? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what exactly do i need ?
Sunday, September 25, 2011 8:32 PM
going to get my 2.2 ecotec tuned soon . do i need to buy something or can they tune the stock ecu or pcm ?

Re: what exactly do i need ?
Monday, September 26, 2011 3:00 AM
Dude..... read like, EVERY OTHER THREAD on this page. HPTuners is the way to go.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, September 26, 2011 3:38 AM
i did read , and i under stand that HP tuners are a good upgrade
. but when i take my car to get it tuned do i need an hp tuner or can the tune the stock ecu ? ( as stated in mu original question lol )
Monday, September 26, 2011 6:25 AM
bailey moore wrote:i did read , and i under stand that HP tuners are a good upgrade
. but when i take my car to get it tuned do i need an hp tuner or can the tune the stock ecu ? ( as stated in mu original question lol )
You obviously have no clue... Call your "tuner".... If doesn't know, then maybe you should rethink all this...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, September 26, 2011 5:28 PM
thanks for being a douche . just trying to get info
Monday, September 26, 2011 6:04 PM
bailey moore wrote:thanks for being a douche . just trying to get info

He is not being douche. He was straight honest.

Call whoever is going to do the tuning. If they do not know HPTuners, or even the Jbody ECU you might not want to use them.

Also if they already have HPT then you do not need to buy it.

FU Tuning

Monday, September 26, 2011 6:40 PM
I hope your tuner knows as much as you do, and your sh!t blows up...... This is me being a d!ck........ You want me to bring out the complete @sshole? You are the the douche for not listing to somebody who knows what the fu(k they are talking about....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, September 26, 2011 8:38 PM

Not exactly the person I would be insulting considering he is the best tuner we got in our community.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:19 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:32 AM
Bailey, if your profile is correct, then you're what 15 years old right? How bout you have a little respect. This site is not for immature middle schoolers. I am the least of these guys here on the forum, and even I can see you have no clue what you're talking about or doing. Do some more research. You talk like HP Tuners is a freakin bolt on or something. QWK LN2 just updated a whole thread on HP Tuners, so he knows what he's talking about. Think before you post dude.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, October 15, 2011 6:54 PM
no no...he's right..its a bolt on....toss an eBay turbo kit in your engine bay and go down to AutoZone, they'll do an HPTune right there for you while they're replacing your windshield wipers and checking your battery fo FWEEEEE!

seriously though, have some respect, admit when you're wrong and be sincere about it, this is a good community to search and gain knowledge from!

btw..know your verbage...

"A douche /ˈduːʃ/ is a device used to introduce a stream of water into the body for medical or hygienic reasons, or the stream of water itself.

Douche usually refers to vaginal irrigation, the rinsing of the vagina, but it can also refer to the rinsing of any body cavity. A douche bag is a piece of equipment for douching—a bag for holding the fluid used in douching. To avoid transferring intestinal bacteria into the vagina, the same bag must not be used for an enema and a vaginal douche."

Technically radiator flush kits could be douche kits?

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:31 PM
you need a box of cornflakes, 3 scrambled eggs, a live velociraptor and hopefully some unicorns blood

Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:46 AM
I heard the unicorns blood was optional...

Ryan hasn't proven that it is really needed.

Monday, October 17, 2011 8:17 PM
LAFNGAS wrote:you need a box of cornflakes, 3 scrambled eggs, a live velociraptor and hopefully some unicorns blood

DONOT substitute Snap Crackle and Pop.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:06 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:
LAFNGAS wrote:you need a box of cornflakes, 3 scrambled eggs, a live velociraptor and hopefully some unicorns blood

DONOT substitute Snap Crackle and Pop.

this but my question is do i need the canadian unicorn blood or the european one ?

those are some elusive creatures

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:37 PM
I hear that the European unicorn blood works best. But only from the purple unicorns. Pink ones will blow up your engine.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:56 PM
LOL!

Friday, October 21, 2011 5:59 AM
colt45 wrote:I hear that the European unicorn blood works best. But only from the purple unicorns. Pink ones will blow up your engine.

damnit....well guess i need to call up my connections in europe then......let the hunt begin

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search