Boost, Wideband, Safc-2 and tuning? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Boost, Wideband, Safc-2 and tuning?
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 6:18 PM
ok im new at the whole boosting thing. and as a few of you may know im pretty much boosted right now. just waiting on one last freakin U bend pipe. Neways i have an SAFC-2 and wideband. how hard is it to tune for boost? is it something i could do by myself with the wideband. i also understand a AFPR is needed for idle how hard is this to set? oh and i have the RC 330CC injectors which are in. any help would be great. the SAFC-2 was installed professionally by my friend from Chevy. its just the tuning and all the good stuff to go along with is what im scared of. (if you need to kno some of my set up to help me out just let me know) thanx

speed kills, drive slow, drive a honda

You are what you Drive!

Re: Boost, Wideband, Safc-2 and tuning?
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:52 PM
you can get it tuned on the dyno

cavaliers been laid to rest
The saturn is being born
a new cavalier is in the mist
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:55 PM
AFPRs get set with a set screw usually on the top of them. Very easy to set, especially if you have a pressure gauge.

Tuning the SAFC for boost isn't that bad, basically you have to do some runs and log the a/f and change the SAFC at specific RPM points to obtain the a/f you want (take out or add fuel).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:43 AM
Syn wrote:you can get it tuned on the dyno

yea i kno but the problem is the 2 places that have this are booked for 2 weeks and ive already waited a month so im not waiting nelonger i wanna drive boost!

shifted-thanx ill see if i can do it ill have a friend help me out im sure it cant be that hard...do you have any afpr's that you would recommend onces that come with a gauge would be nice?

You are what you Drive!
Thursday, June 02, 2005 6:22 AM
http://www.highrevmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_30&products_id=1172
is this any good..

You are what you Drive!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search