How to raise VE Offset above 10% - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to raise VE Offset above 10%
Saturday, April 28, 2012 3:34 PM
I know when you chance the value of the ve offset you also need to change the values in the ve tables. What tables needed changed? I assume all of them (high, low, etc). And how do you go about changing them? Say you want to increase to run up to 120 in a ve table, I assume you need to have the VE offset at 20% then. Does that mean you would multiply every cell in the ve tables by .8, in effect lowing them or how/what?

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Re: How to raise VE Offset above 10%
Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:56 PM
You change the VE offset to 20%, but you then subtract 10% from all VE tables.

When you change the offset to 20% save the file and then look at the VE tables, they will be higher, by 10% this is why you subtract.

Just FYI if you were to lower the VE offset you would then add the difference.

FU Tuning

Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:14 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:You change the VE offset to 20%, but you then subtract 10% from all VE tables.

When you change the offset to 20% save the file and then look at the VE tables, they will be higher, by 10% this is why you subtract.

Just FYI if you were to lower the VE offset you would then add the difference.

Don't use 10 as the magic number... Basically, whatever you add to the offset, you must subtract from each table. After you add to the offset, it is wise to save the file, then go back and subtract, then save again..

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, April 29, 2012 8:20 AM
Got it. Thanks. Just wondering, had anyone even needed to go above 10% to make 400whp? I asked about it because at the track yesterday I was changing my boost around and at a pretty stead 14.7lbs of boost and 110 in ve tables, I was starting to lean out. in 4th gear Thats with 80lb injectors and a T3/T04E. My battery light did end up coming on, and voltage slowly dropped while driving so it appears my alternator quit on me. So this of course would greatly effect the amount of fuel the pump was pushing, so my guess is thats why I was leaning out even with 110 ve on 80lb injectors. Once I swap out the alternator I'd imagine things would be fine, but still curious.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Sunday, April 29, 2012 12:43 PM
Ryan is correct in what he said.

As for your question. I have tuned cars that I have had to use 50% VE offset. Others left alone.

It the fuel system is setup right for the job you are doing usually a higher offset is not needed.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search