Is there a better PCM?? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is there a better PCM??
Monday, May 14, 2012 8:06 PM
What is the better PCM for boost in a Jbody?? My 99 PCM seemed to do well with my supercharger setup but I have been reading that the 00-02 PCM maybe better with boost

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren

Re: Is there a better PCM??
Monday, May 14, 2012 9:04 PM
I personally swapped to a 00+ ECU for the fact it can be loaded with the GMPP SC flash and run Speed Density rather than Alpha N. Allow it to be tuned easier.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:50 PM
Better ECU. Not one. Better OS, the LD9 Gm Reflash.

You can run your 99 ECU and flash it with the GM reflash if you wanted to, but would loose some functions on the gauge cluster.

Truly if you have a good fuel system you could be tuned fine on the 99 ecu and OS.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 4:07 AM
So has anyone really tried to tune with the 97 Speed density file and boosted, or is the lack of a few tables killing that idea?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:15 AM
Watching this closely, in the mean time I can do other things while getting the bay ready for the manual swap. Then Ill decide which ecu to run, 99 or 00+

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:37 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:So has anyone really tried to tune with the 97 Speed density file and boosted, or is the lack of a few tables killing that idea?

I have tuned 2. One a M45, the other a Turbo.

The M45 car had these little hicups in normal driving. After speaking to Ryan it seems the 97 SD files are hit and mis on how they will work.

The main missing file is the injector Pulse Width Multiplier. This gives you the chance to add fuel in boost, but not so much by RPM. It is like just adding fuel across the board in boost, or even out of boost. Then use the VE fields to smooth it out. Helpful if your VE offset is getting too high.

My car this multiplier it 1.000 across the board, which is like 0 in a way.

SO my experience with the 97 SD is not enough to fully recommend it, or not recommend it.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search