HELP !!! I need a tuner please, in person or remotely :) - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP !!! I need a tuner please, in person or remotely :)
Saturday, July 28, 2012 3:31 PM
Hello folks,

I have a 04 cavi lss W/ manual transmision, just supercharged it, currently has :

M62 3" pulley
42" GM Stage 2 injectors
Full Exhaust
Dual Pass & Big intercooler

I have HP tuners pro and I log with a aem wideband, I've been trying to tune it for the past weeks, I just cant figure it out with the VE, my VE is TPS based, I need somebody to help me out and I don't mind paying somebody to help me out, either remotely or in person

Im in Manassas, VA

Thanks a lot,
Meedo

2004 Ecotec, Completley Stock...For Now

Re: HELP !!! I need a tuner please, in person or remotely :)
Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:40 PM
What's the problem?
Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:24 PM
wwwDTS2net wrote:What's the problem?

So I adjust the following:

*1 Bar MAP
*injector constant to 0.101638 to accomidate the 42# injectors
*Injector IPW is 1 across the board
*Idle pushed up a bit to 925
*PE enable is 2000rpm with a 11.5 AFR across the board for now
*PE Spark is lowered to 11 with 0 iat spark adders for now
*Redline still at 6500

1st time i started with these settings car started up great no problems, drives great, but i figured once i go wot it'll crash which i knew, so I go to push the VE offset higher up to 80% percent, at this point once i go WOT im close to my AFR of 11.5, however,I did notice that regular drivability suffers

*I start the car and it feels like its gonna die for 5 seconds before it catches a breath
*I tried increasing and lowering the VE number is the lower VE and VE idle with the same results.
*Car runs uber rich for regular driving like 10 AFR rich, I tried lowering the numbers but I can seem to get it right for some reason.
*I come to a complete stop rpm drops to 500 and car dies unless I give it some gas.

What makes it worse for me is the PCM doesnt like writing in high speed so I have to wait 8 minutes between writes, compared to 40 seconds on my old cobalt which Ive done a million writes on with no problems. I'd rather pay somebody to help me tune it than having me spend hours trying to figure out how to tune it, I just don't have the time at the moment for trail and error.

Help would be greatly appreciated

Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:35 PM
Can you post your hpt file?
Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:38 PM
wwwDTS2net wrote:Can you post your hpt file?

sure will do now

Saturday, July 28, 2012 9:51 PM
Okay so here's the tune file that i was messing around with last I believe with a log afterwards, You can go to the links and click on slow download on the bottom left of the page then it'll show the files

http://www.filefactory.com/file/25abj3884sqr/n/Cavy_SC_Tune_Temporary.hpt

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4riehc5vrthz/n/3.hpl

Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:12 PM
I can't get it to download but maybe other forum members will be able to check it out at least. Can you send them to my email? It's David@DTS2.net
Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:14 PM
wwwDTS2net wrote:I can't get it to download but maybe other forum members will be able to check it out at least. Can you send them to my email? It's David@DTS2.net

I see , probably because i just uploaded them, I emailed them to you from my hotmail email, check your junk if they didn't show in the inbox lol

thanks a lot dude !

Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:19 PM
Your injector duty cycle is going to 0 even when you're giving it partial throttle so something is definitely wrong. There is a really good sticky on this forum that has a ton of information so make sure you read that if you haven't already. I'm checking out the hpt file now
Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:24 PM
wow, and your timing goes to 0 at the same time.
Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:25 PM
your TPS never goes below 10% what's up with that?

Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:38 PM
try inj const of .10393 and reduce the idle fuel. Since you have your offset up at 80 percent the lowest you can go is 80 which is probably close to twice as much as the stock idle values. So you'll need to adjust the IPW modifyier and your idle VE table to reduce the fuel flow at idle. It's never the best idea to flatline a table but the easiest thing to do to see if it will help will be to put your entire idle table to 80. It should raise your idle AFR
Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:48 PM
It seems when I give it gas quickly it feels like its gonna shut off for a second but if i feather it it works just fine, I only noticed this issue going from a dead stop, Im not sure if the TPS is supposed to go bellow 10 % I never really paid attention to how it was stock.

I will give that a shot, as far as the IPW modifier I will have to use lower number to lean it out correct ? which paramaters will I be working with exactly to affect the idle ?

I will lower the VE idle numbers as well and see what happens.

Question : If I were to upgrade to 60#'s injectors, will I still have to use such a high Ve or will that drop to a lower VE number due to bigger injectors ?

Thanks a lot for the help again, I will try that stuff out tomorrow and see what happens

Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:50 PM
And as far as starting the car up, the 1st 5 seconds is the car looking like its running rich and its chocking or is it running with barely any fuel, I just couldn't figure it out :x

Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:05 PM
you have a pm
Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:39 AM
Your TPS should be 0 when your foot is off the throttle. Something must have happened when you installed the supercharger. It looks like the throttle is closed but the ecu doesn't know that. Plus your idle VE is giving your engine way too much fuel right now. If you ran 60lb injectors your offset could be lower but I'm not sure if you need to do that yet. In the file you emailed me were any of the numbers in the idle VE table modified or were they stock plus the 80% VE offset?
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:49 PM
wwwDTS2net wrote:Your TPS should be 0 when your foot is off the throttle. Something must have happened when you installed the supercharger. It looks like the throttle is closed but the ecu doesn't know that. Plus your idle VE is giving your engine way too much fuel right now. If you ran 60lb injectors your offset could be lower but I'm not sure if you need to do that yet. In the file you emailed me were any of the numbers in the idle VE table modified or were they stock plus the 80% VE offset?

I have yet to check on the T/B but i figured out what was going on, my laptop is going crazy whenever HPT is plugged in the car acts up " crazy idle, rough startup, shuts off when coming to a stop " so I decided to use my other laptop and voilla everything was running great no issues whatsoever, I finished the VE and PE fueling on the dot, just gotta up the timing a bit and I am all set to go..Wohoo

Anyways Thanks a lot to David and Michael, your help is greatly appreciated, definately helped me a lot through this !

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:51 PM
He is logging the wrong tps. I remember having this same issue. Look for pj's post about it. Without seeing zero % it will throw off everything.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:18 PM
SLO CAV (no more) now slosaab wrote:He is logging the wrong tps. I remember having this same issue. Look for pj's post about it. Without seeing zero % it will throw off everything.

link or it never happened.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search