TMAP issue? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TMAP issue?
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:37 PM
I am having some issue after I flash a new calibration to my ECU. My car will run like @!#$ for a few miles, then just fine. When I start the car up after the fresh flash, my BARO/MAP will feedback ~98kpa and ~23kpa respectively with ~75kpa(~22inHG) of vac. After I go down the road a few miles, it will report ~62kpa/~17kpa with ~45kpa(~13inHG) vac. It will run just fine until I want to flash another calibration, then the same thing. I have a log of this if anyone is interested in seeing it.

I have noticed too that my vac reported and boost reported through HPT do not match what my boost/vac gauge(mechanical) are reading. I am reaching ~10lbs boost and idle ~20inHG vac, which is what is reported when my car starts after a fresh flash. That being said, I seemingly have tuned to what I am thinking is a faulty TMAP. But if that is the case, why does it read good after a fresh flash, then remain faulty until the next reflash, and come back? This happens like clockwork. I am using a Bosch 2.5Bar TMAP.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search