I posted this in first gen. Temperature senser help. - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I posted this in first gen. Temperature senser help.
Friday, August 23, 2013 7:21 PM
Hello. I have a 86 cavalier 2.0 T.B.I.

I was having problems idling, even More with the A/C on. I Did a tune up, and checked everything. I went to check the Air sensor in the air cleaner. I unplugged the small plastic hose from the intake that go's to the air cleaner and noticed the idle got higher, and figured to take a drive to see what happens. I Noticed faster acceleration, and idles really smooth.

I am not sure if its called an (IAT), Like I had in a Camaro I had with a T.B.I, and plugged it?

But as its open it has a lot of vacuum, and nervous what the side effects will be if left alone.even if I put my finger over it, it stalls. If it helps i also don't cave a catalytic converter.

Any info on whats going, or ideas are so great full. Thank you.

Re: I posted this in first gen. Temperature senser help.
Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:18 AM
You need a working IAT sensor.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:09 AM
That makes sense. I put that first on the list. thanks
Monday, September 09, 2013 6:39 AM
This Part Mentioned below can be found on RockAuto for about $30+shipping. You may be able to pull the old one out first and try cleaning some carbon off it and see it works or idles better, but replacement may be needed. I'm thinking that trouble maintaining idle as load changes (a/c) is pointing to this valve not working properly. Of course if you have any major vacuum leaks it will be important to take care of those too.

1986 CHEVROLET CAVALIER 2.0L 122cid L4 : Fuel/Air : Idle Air Control (IAC) Valve
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search