04 Cav Computer? - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 Cav Computer?
Thursday, June 23, 2005 3:22 PM
Hey guys, I know that an 04 cavalier computer cant be chiped, but does any one make a new computer for the 04 cavalier?? if so please let me know

Re: 04 Cav Computer?
Thursday, June 23, 2005 4:26 PM
Nope.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:57 PM
gm keeps the same computer. gm did release new oem running software, which is the original software designated by gm to run your ecu. only thing you can do is to buy a chip. like a jet chip or something.
Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:00 PM
joe moberly wrote:gm keeps the same computer. gm did release new oem running software, which is the original software designated by gm to run your ecu. only thing you can do is to buy a chip. like a jet chip or something.

There are no chips, the jet "chip" isn't a chip, and its garbage, same with venom.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:05 PM
Quote:

only thing you can do is to buy a chip. like a jet chip or something

you cant chip ODB 2 computers which are in 96 and above J models. all these Venom, Jet, Ebay Chips are junk. and some can even screw up your motor over time

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, June 24, 2005 10:51 PM
correction, its not a chip. its jet performance module. not a chip. and its cost is at over 200 dollars from jegs automotive..well the one i was looking to purchase....your telling me it does nothing, and a reputable parts dealer is selling them for over 200 dollars?.....
Friday, June 24, 2005 11:55 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Quote:

only thing you can do is to buy a chip. like a jet chip or something

you cant chip ODB 2 computers which are in 96 and above J models. all these Venom, Jet, Ebay Chips are junk. and some can even screw up your motor over time

wrong.... a reflash is technically a re-write of the eprom inside the computer, making it a "chipping" technique.... and it is possible to have custom programs for J-body but that's only if someone cracks GM's source code and decides to sell programs for it... or if GM actually opens the source code like VW does (which is why there are so many chips available for obd2 v-dubs). In fact J-body performance is offering custom flashes on eco ecu's, although I cannot testify to the quality as I have not used one.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:41 AM
^^what he said

you give JBP your mods, they tune your ecu to take maximum advantage of it

I think you even get 3 reflashes for free when you get more mods or change something

check em out for the details from the horses mouth

Jbody Performance

Saturday, June 25, 2005 2:18 PM
so what about the modulator i wanna buy? and what are these reflashes????? im curious
Saturday, June 25, 2005 8:17 PM
the module have been dynoed and it doesn't give anything. you can sell anything as long as people believe you. Witch mean pretty much all the dumb people that are "wanna be F&F".

The reflash is the best bet.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, June 25, 2005 8:26 PM
Joe,
Your "modules" aren't anything more than "all natural penis enlargement" you can go buy at a drug store. They sell it because people buy it.

joe moberly wrote:correction, its not a chip. its jet performance module. not a chip. and its cost is at over 200 dollars from jegs automotive..well the one i was looking to purchase....your telling me it does nothing, and a reputable parts dealer is selling them for over 200 dollars?.....

Saturday, June 25, 2005 8:49 PM
lol..ok. i get the hint. im going to research this reflashes though i instead just went ahead and bought a shift enhancer.
Sunday, June 26, 2005 1:40 AM
Quote:

correction, its not a chip. its jet performance module. not a chip. and its cost is at over 200 dollars from jegs automotive..well the one i was looking to purchase....your telling me it does nothing, and a reputable parts dealer is selling them for over 200 dollars?.....

please buy one and let us know how well it didnt do for you

TURBO KIT...$4,000
RUNNING 20 PSI...ANOTHER $2,000
SMOKING THE TIRES ON A 3RD GEAR ROLL...PRICELESS
Sunday, June 26, 2005 7:42 AM
a reflash is 600 dollars......wow
Sunday, June 26, 2005 8:13 AM
welcome to the world of actual performance products

i really think JBP needs to do a bunch of those reflashes for cheap till people know and trust them, then they can charge the $500-600 price.

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:17 AM
You are all not mentioning that if your car is under warranty, ANY changes to the ECU will render that warranty void.
Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:20 PM
@!#$ my warrenty was gone a long time ago...i drive too much. yes i know actual performance @!#$ costs more....600 dollars for that is too much though...im only 19 i dont have that kinda money just laying around.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search