Emanage And VSS - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Emanage And VSS
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:44 PM
Ok before you all give me the "We arent telling you how to do anything becuase some ricer did it and wrecked his car and endangered lives", than save it and PM me if you want to get into all that. I am not a Ricer which Is why I posted it here, being there are far more mature people here and I want mature answers.

Ok now to the situation at hand. I have an Ecotec cavalier, Nitrous, slicks, tons of bolt on goodies. I think It will be a strong competitor for 108+ mph trap speeds come spring.
And I know that very soon I am going to need some kind of engine management .
I live in the midwest where there is one of the top megasquirt tuners in the country which I can use to hook me up with a megasquirt setup. Which I like the Idea of, but what I dont like is the fact that my wiring harness will be sliced up. He tells me with MS I can get rid of the Rev limiter and the fuel cut at 108. This will obviously be nessesary to take advantage of my cams and new valvetrain and to not cut out before 1320 ft.
So my question is/...

What is possible with Emanage/Ultimate?
Can I delete the limiter/ fuel cut?
Delete CEL codes?

Thank you.

Thats right, keep on killing innocent people and @!#$ everything up for others..YOU ARE TEH WIN

Re: Emanage And VSS
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:45 PM
oops...wrong forum

Thats right, keep on killing innocent people and @!#$ everything up for others..YOU ARE TEH WIN
Re: Emanage And VSS
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:00 PM
i'm pretty sure that eco will pop long before hitting 108 trap speeds on nitrous.... Rich almost popped his a few times running just a 75 shot and trapping 98 or so. Go get your ecu reflashed to early 2003/2002 specs, or swap to one of those ecus before spraying. If you have an ecu with no open loop mode, you'll be seeing 14.7:1 a/f while spraying, and sooner or later, thats gonna mean POP!

Reflashing the ecu will give you an open loop mode so that the a/f ratio will be lower, but until you're actually trapping 105+ don't expect too many people to tell you how to do the VSS mod.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search