what pcm swap for the motor 5-speed turbo swap - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what pcm swap for the motor 5-speed turbo swap
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:02 PM
lotta swappin goin on here i picked up a 2000 ld9 with a isuzu 5-speed i will be swappin in to my auto 96 z24 for $400 most of the stuff included that i need, as well at the same time i will be turboing the ride but the engine has been modified to be able to run off my 96 pcm (knock sensor drilled to fit.. ect) and i want to run hp tuners 96 not compatible from what i know, now the main question is what is my best bet pcm swap for this should i 2000 swap it and do whatever else i need to make it work (not exactly sure what i need for this like wiring?? or whatever or ummm?) or just 99 pcm swap and do what i need to do to fake a tune with the hp tuners and the map sensor
p.s. im super lost please someone help me because i need to have this planned out before i start or plans may change and i may move to the honda side cuz i have a b18 i can pick up for about $100
and this is in boost forum because the main question pertains to boost vs. pcm tunability

Re: what pcm swap for the motor 5-speed turbo swap
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:57 AM
I'd ditch the Isuzu for a 00+ Getrag..... but thats me

If your picking up the HPT, just go with a 97-98 ECM..... you can remove the EGR codes, and you dont need to wire up the 2 wire Knock...... it will take alot more to wire in the 00+ setup, and probably not worth the gain

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 11:51 AM
id love to ditch the isuzu but i have everything needed to do it, zflip24 practicaly stripped his car of everything left in it just to get me all the linkage and pedals and everything even cut off a mounting bracket and i got an amazing deal on it all $400 motor+trans+parts
ill search for the getrag with a donor car(cuz i know how strong and worthy those isuzu's are) but i really wanted to get this goin and start the install so i could order the turbo stuff and start measuring for turbo pipes to finish some time this century

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:34 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I'd ditch the Isuzu for a 00+ Getrag..... but thats me

If your picking up the HPT, just go with a 97-98 ECM..... you can remove the EGR codes, and you dont need to wire up the 2 wire Knock...... it will take alot more to wire in the 00+ setup, and probably not worth the gain

As he said just go to a 97 ECU. To go to a 2000+ you need inside car stuff as well.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:03 PM
ok thanks a lot guys now ive just gotta go read up on some more hp tuners stuff and learn thanks again

Monday, June 12, 2006 8:27 PM
the isuzu is total crap..

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:20 PM
the wiring for the pcm and the pcm is different from a 96 to a 97. there are 6 more pins in the 97 pcm and some of the wiringruns to different components. some of the components appear to not be on a 96 model. check on autozone.com and you can see the wiring diagrams for yourself. I was looking into swapping a 97 pcm inmy 96 for tuning reasons as well but now it looks like im selling my 96 and getting a 97.

'05 sunfire. rksport intake, 2.25" custom dual catback, b&m short throw pacesetter header and high flow cat.
Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:28 PM
lol back from the dead, i seen my name and i was like wtf i didnt make a new thread... lol ya i solved my prob, ive got a 97 pcm and 97 engine harness in my car now, and no isuzu for me lol jrobz hooked me up with a nvg t550 that grinded in 2nd and 4th... but now i got a new one that works like a champ!!!

if i were u id do the same with swapping in the full harness and pcm, good thing i had a 97 z24 to steal all my wiring and stuff outta

its as simple as unclipping everything and unbolting the pcm then swapping in the new wiring, there was no cutting or splicing even the interior harness just plugs into the 97 stuff

Thursday, December 20, 2007 9:14 PM
jonathan Jones wrote:the wiring for the pcm and the pcm is different from a 96 to a 97. there are 6 more pins in the 97 pcm and some of the wiringruns to different components. some of the components appear to not be on a 96 model. check on autozone.com and you can see the wiring diagrams for yourself. I was looking into swapping a 97 pcm inmy 96 for tuning reasons as well but now it looks like im selling my 96 and getting a 97.

You do not knwo what you are talking about. Autozone's wiring info is not good to go by.

FU Tuning

Friday, December 21, 2007 5:44 AM
Any of autozones info isnt good to go by, there ppl dont know jack. They are just wannabe mechanics and think they know everything about cars, just cuz they work at a "parts store". Autozone FTMFL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search